Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #131
dsal

Default Re: Battlefields KS

I just read the announcement about the stretch goal which adds counters for the Iron Mountain scenario. I didn't see any mention of the OGRE III-B which is also in this scenario. Does this unit have a counter in another product?
dsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #132
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsal View Post
I just read the announcement about the stretch goal which adds counters for the Iron Mountain scenario. I didn't see any mention of the OGRE III-B which is also in this scenario. Does this unit have a counter in another product?
The only Ogre 3-B's are in ODE, or in metal, both long sold out. From the description of the included countersheets, none of them are the ODE dieline that included the chipboard 3-B. On the bright side, 3-Bs and 5s are similar enough that there's no reason not to use a 5 to proxy for a 3-B. (Indeed, I purchased my metal 3-B, back a few years now, to proxy for a metal 5, back before the metal reprints, when the 5 was long sold out but 3-Bs were reasonably available.)
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:57 PM   #133
dsal

Well, that's disappointing. Do none of the sponsor sheets have a 3D III-B?
dsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #134
HeatDeath

The Nihon sheet has a 2-D hex-shaped 3B, but no 3D 3-B.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:40 PM   #135
Mack_JB

Today "Battlefields" slipped past two other SJG campaigns to become the 7th most funded of their 20. It's a steam rolling monster now.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #136
Cat

For folks who might like a visual of the tiling possibilities of the M-Series maps, I put together a large image showing all the combinations of joining the M series mats along edges that would need little to no overlay adjustments at the join. The primary purpose of the exercise was to create a single compact reference image of possibilities.

There have been clamourings for a scenario to go with the giant map layout, and some folks commenting that they would need to buy more mats. But that was not really the intended purpose. Just unintended consequences. :3

About the few holes in the tiling, I have sent some quick sketches along to Drew with thoughts of a couple of island mats that would fill in the lakes region.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148...56883592033770
Old 12-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #137
Mack_JB

You're evil, Cat. At least 23 mats, a 10' x 12' field of battle ...
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #138
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsal View Post
Nope. The III-B is MIA for the time being.

It's not that we didn't want to include it, it's just that the last few stretch goals were well beyond where we thought we'd end up and we've been working to add more content without (and this is essential!) delaying the release. Adding a Mark III-B would mean revamping the already completed die sheets and more. That is a line we just won't cross.

That's not to say that a III-B isn't front and center on my "to do" list, ideally both in plastic as well as a cardboard 3-D construct. It's just that it's not part of this campaign.

Although not ideal, either a Mark III or V may serve as an adequate, if admittedly imperfect, substitute.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:49 PM   #139
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
You're evil, Cat. At least 23 mats, a 10' x 12' field of battle ...
Evil is in the eye of the beholder, this was meant as an aid to visualise possible connections.

The mats are only 2' x 2'. Eight mats will fit a 4' x 8' table. Six leaving end space for charts and dice and casualties.

The outer extremities are to show connections that weren't embodied in the solid core.

It is pretty. =^,^=

Umm, I will be ordering a few more mats myself. I'm planning to have the ones to build the vertical 3x2 layout. Combined with a friend's mats, we could do the horizontal 2x3; or the 13 mat combo if we ever have a bigger space.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #140
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
That's not to say that a III-B isn't front and center on my "to do" list, ideally both in plastic as well as a cardboard 3-D construct. It's just that it's not part of this campaign.
I seem to recall that the counter sheet that included the Mk III-B also had a Mk II on it, which is another MIA unit for now.

Well, perhaps if SJ's suggestion for Battlefields 2 comes to pass...
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote