Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #501
Mister Ed

Default Re: Boosters I'd like to see

I'd like another booster full of ships for Star Munchkin (unless there was a full-fledged expansion on the way that included more). I really like them, and wish they were in a similar ratio as Ships in Booty are.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #502
Blazinjsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'd like another booster full of ships for Star Munchkin (unless there was a full-fledged expansion on the way that included more). I really like them, and wish they were in a similar ratio as Ships in Booty are.
I totally agree with this, perhaps with a few more rooms too

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Old 09-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #503
sjur

I want to see another Guild booster.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #504
Clockpunk

*IF* the license could be obtained, I think a Ghostbusters deck/booster could be fun...!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #505
EpicBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockpunk View Post
*IF* the license could be obtained, I think a Ghostbusters deck/booster could be fun...!
I am trying to figure out which deck a ghostbusters booster would best match...and I can't really. Apoc would be close, but they already have a few items that are a nod to Ghostbusters. Wait. Duh, Cthulhu would be the best for that.

Of course, if they could get the license for such a booster, that would be Pure Awesomeness. I would probably be checking Warehouse 23 everyday waiting to add to cart.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #506
ncoleman

This may be a bit unconventional but I would like to suggest a booster that is more than 15 cards. Maybe perhaps one with 25 or 30 because a lot of times the boosters dont always seems to make a huge impact on a game because they get lost in the shuffle. For example the recent Dragons booster is great but when you mix it in with the original munchkin with any number of expansions or boosters it loses some of the uniqueness that its suppose to bring. On the other hand the Christmas boosters, when you have all of them, (I bought the Christmas surprise from B&N) make a huge impact on the game. Maybe a couple of different boosters that are separate in their nature but tie into the others with a central theme. (kind of like the holidays) This way each would have its own uniqueness but could build of each other and have a much larger impact on the game.

Specific Boosters:

1) Military Theme (I know its been suggested but I'm a soldier so kind of partial)
2) Anything for munchkin Impossible (an expansion would be nice but I'll settle for a booster)
3) Fan created as voted by the fans themselves (I know suggested)
4) Stargate Booster
5) A Curses booster (w/ some really nasty and crazy curses)
6) A high level monster booster (The Kevinator is one of my favorite)
Old 09-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #507
UncleBob

Interesting idea - but I get the impression that they really want to keep the price around that $5 mark.

I wonder if something like shipping two or three boosters, that work great alone or together, at the same time would help this issue.

Like a 15 card "Angles" booster and a 15 card "Demons" booster.

As a stand-alone booster, each one would add something to the game (Angelic or Demonic items, along with a few holy or hellish monsters), but together, they could do some neat things (like you can pull an Angel monster to fight beside you in a battle against a Demon monster). They could even make a promo card that plays off of having both boosters.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #508
EpicBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoleman View Post
This may be a bit unconventional but I would like to suggest a booster that is more than 15 cards. Maybe perhaps one with 25 or 30 because a lot of times the boosters dont always seems to make a huge impact on a game because they get lost in the shuffle. For example the recent Dragons booster is great but when you mix it in with the original munchkin with any number of expansions or boosters it loses some of the uniqueness that its suppose to bring.
Specific Boosters:

2) Anything for munchkin Impossible (an expansion would be nice but I'll settle for a booster)
While I understand where you are coming from, because I feel the same way, I have also experienced the opposite. My group host owns Legends and then bought Game Changers and Dragons. When we first used Game Changers, the High and Dark cards came up so much that it caused a few players to become quite upset (They don't like sneaky victories). We had to come up with house rules to compromise with this half of the group, so we could keep the peace. When we added the Dragon Cards, they were constantly coming up. Not a terrible thing, since I like Dragons, but it was ruining the variety for that game session.

From owning many decks, look at my signature, I can tell you the happy medium for me is 1 core set, 1 expansion, and then 1 or 2 boosters. The cards will come up, but not to the point of annoyance. Would I like a 20 or 30 card booster? Sure, but 15 cards for $5 is a nice surprise every so often.

Now with using Holiday Surprise, Tricky Treats, and Easter Eggs, I will be using a Core set with as many expansions for it that I own.

Also, I completely support the idea of something for Munchkin Impossible.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #509
Cpt. Sqweky

I know I've said it many times before, but since the last two people mentioned it, I'm going to echo my desire for a Munchkin Impossible ANYTHING once again. (If we all do it at the same time, it will seem like more people want it than really do...) Crap, did I type that out loud?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #510
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Expansions for Impossible are on the table, but not a priority for the next while. Certainly not for 2014.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Closed Thread

Tags
boosters, suggestions