Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
LordHelmet

Default Star Trek [TNG] - DATA - stats

Has Star Trek android Data ever been stated on this forum?

Using the search I couldn't find anything about him/it.

If the answer is not, please feel free to state him - I would be really interested seeing him stated out.
LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Star Trek [TNG] - DATA - stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmet
Has Star Trek android Data ever been stated on this forum?
Starting from scratch I think I would set Data's ST at 35 or higher. We saw him (or was it Lore?) lift Worf with one hand and throw him around.

Straight IQ is high and IQ-related Advantages are many. Possibly as many as 7 levels of Comparmentalized Mind (I know that sounds like a lot). Enhanced Time Sense, Intuitive Mathematician of course.

DX and HT do not have to be unusually high but he does have Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Vaccum Support, Radiation Ressitance, Injury Tolerances of various sorts (but not as many as some other robots) and Unaging.

DR v. Crushing only perhaps but not general DR particularrly.

Very limited enhanced senses.

Eh, that's most of it after you buy Science! and ametric butt-load of other skils.

Fred Brackin
Fred Brackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
alaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin
Unaging.

I disagree. He certainly would live a long, long time but his parts would begin to wear at some point.
alaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Gavynn

I think Data is unaging, although one episode states he can alter his appearance to simulate age.

Science! is a good bet, but he spends a great deal of time studying humans too, so Humanities! might also not be uncalled for.
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Flyndaran
Untagged

Odious Personal Habits: Refuses to acknowledge his emotional responses. Refuses to use contractions except in error filled episodes.

Some form of low self esteem for seeing himself as less than human despite being superior in ever freakin' category.
Flyndaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
LemmingLord

I would give him high manual dexterity based on how well he was putting all those computer chips in place in a naked now...though maybe you were thinking altered time rate would do it. :)

I statted alternate universe lore once for an alternate universe TNG I ran.. I'll see if I can find the stats. They are third edition but may have some additional inspiration.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #7
Captain-Captain

Well as of the last movie, Data's had straight zeroes in all his attributes... ;)
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavynn
I think Data is unaging, although one episode states he can alter his appearance to simulate age.

Science! is a good bet, but he spends a great deal of time studying humans too, so Humanities! might also not be uncalled for.
It was mentioned specifically in one episode that his inventor programmed the android to age, and another android, housing the personna of the inventor's deceased ex-wife (Data's mother) was programed to age and eventually die after a long life. If the program for her is in Data as well, he does not have unaging.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:08 AM   #9
Gavynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran
Odious Personal Habits: Refuses to acknowledge his emotional responses.
Yeah, Data is never emotionless. His superficially emotionless reponses to things might be an OPH. He says he doesn not have emotions, but then that he wants to be human.
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
gmillerd

Oddly we fall into the exact trap that many people do in his plots when we make him uber-humanoid like. His personality flaws and machine nature make him hard to stat.

His 'off the shelf' personality, primitive emotions, and powerful drives make for great traits in some fashion without a doubt.

Likely some AI-computer related traits, significant IQ, compartmentalized mind would do a lot to give him the insane mental agility we are so accustom to with that character.

His ability to nearly instant learn is a real problem for RPG play, he can almost forge wild skills with his researching or observation gimmick. Obviously he retains that knowledge and does this gimmick all the time.

Though he is absolutely brilliant and well learned, he is not overkill. He is not very creative at times. Though he can start a conversation ignorant to it, and then by the end of the explanation have a realization of some sort and seemingly have not only grasped the concept but mastered it. I think this is more a presentation of Data's unlimited capacity to have an open mind and his ravenous ability to hyper-deconstruct and analyze / research.

When he is among his very 'top of their game' peers, he is very expertly competent without a doubt, but he relies on them and the Enterprise computer tremendously. He often assists La Forge and Worf and falls back to perform the tasks he is most optimal for, but does not often take the lead unless its a task he is gifted in and even in those tasks La Forge often is needed to assist as Data appears somewhat sketchy.

It might be easier to stat out Lore who is a much more independent and willful being and then migrate that sheet to Data.

Tags
character, star trek