Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
Tinman

Default Re: [DF] Question about "You All Meet at an Inn" [Pyramid 98]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbeHntr View Post
That doesn't mean the individual adventurers are beginning level at [250] points. Go read the text again. Sheesh. Why so confrontational? The blue box labeled with a big N mentions experienced groups.
Sorry if I came off as overly confrontational.

However, the pyramid issue is welcome to DF. The article is specifically about how to get a team together & trusting each other. While it is tre that it does not have to be a 250 pt team, it seems counterproductive to write the intro adventure of the intro pyramid magazine issue for a line that has the default setting of character pts at 250, & set the encounters at a level where 250 pt starting characters characters won't survive.

The response of well, they don't have to be starting (they could have magic weapons) or they don't have to only be 250 pts, seems to defeat the purpose of intro adventure to the band new DF RPG line.

I'm about to start a new DF campaign in the next few weeks. I was planning on using this for my 1st adventure, but I need a way for my players to survive. I think there's no problem with the party gathering down at the bottom b4 going in to the room with the toxifiers, but I don't really see a way for them to survive the encounter.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, pyramid 3/98