Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #15
hal

Default Re: Wait Maneuver and Multiple Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sandman View Post
It's not explicitly stated anywhere in the rules, but having faster reactions is a good argument for having the option to delay until your opponent acts then respond.

I could see where it might be annoying if a significant percentage of the players at the table started doing it, or if two characters got into an "After you, my dear Alphonse" situation. I don't think that would be a common problem though, since most players usually want to act before their opponents, to have a chance to hit before they get hit.

As for 'resetting' back to the faster full Basic Speed on a following turn, I'd allow it. I don't think it's any more abusable than a Wait, which could also potentially result in a character acting twice in a row. The trade off is that you are allowing your enemy to act first, without the possibility of interrupting the enemy's action.

If a player wanted to do that in my game, I'd limit their move accordingly for that turn. If they purposely hesitate, they can't move as far.
The "Wait" option is designed explicitly for the faster reaction individuals to slow down to the slower speeds. What is not being addressed here, is that once your speed is calculated for the initiative list/ladder, your speed does not change - ever. Your character could be initially at speed 6.26, be down to within 2 points of zero hit points remaining (halved movement ect), and still have his/her actions take place at the 6.25 mark. I don't agree with the rules as written in that regard, but dems the rules...

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maneuver, multiple, scenarios, wait