Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #441
Bowser

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordArach View Post
Can't they simply pledge $300 and specify in the post survey that the $200 (the main level) is to name one and the other $100 is for an additional copy? I thought that was stated somewhere in regards to pledging in between different levels either somewhere here or on the Kickstarter. I'm in for the $150 level plus extra money for extra swag. It'll get sorted in the end. I'm sure they don't just go off the level and bank the rest as bonus.
No. I may be misunderstanding your reply, but the lucky ten of us HAD to choose the $200 option because they were limited and doing so reserved a place for us to use that option. All the rest of the stuff we want we'll just have to add adequate $$$ to our total and sort it all out when SJG sends out the post-KS survey.

(Egad! I'm up to $488 and that's not including support for the Mercenary special sheet and what BoardGameGeek is doing with their two $4500-level sheets!! Don't feel too sorry for me, tho. :) I started a "spare cash" jar for this project back in 2008 or 2009 when SJG first started talking about it! For once I did something smart!!)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #442
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Can't they simply pledge $300 and specify in the post survey that the $200 (the main level) is to name one and the other $100 is for an additional copy?
It's not actually listed as an Extra.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #443
Bowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
It's not actually listed as an Extra.
Shout out to Steve and/or Fox:

It seems that we need an official statement that for those people that pledged at a specific level (particularly the $200 level to get the "Name an Ogre" option) that we can add another $100 or $200 to our pledge total (without changing our pledge level option) and receive another 1 or 2 copies of the actual game. This is in question because additional copies of the game were not specified as an "Extra" . . .

I don't know where the best place to post it would be . . . but please reply here as well. Thanks in advance for your time.

[Personally, I figured that any reasonable person at SJG would regard this as OK, but I guess it never hurts to get it actually spelled out in black and white. Especially considering all the messages that we've posted speculating about it.]
Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #444
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I don't know where the best place to post it would be . . .
The Kickstarter FAQ presumably.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #445
LordArach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
No. I may be misunderstanding your reply, but the lucky ten of us HAD to choose the $200 option because they were limited and doing so reserved a place for us to use that option. All the rest of the stuff we want we'll just have to add adequate $$$ to our total and sort it all out when SJG sends out the post-KS survey.
Yeah. That's what I'm saying.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #446
LordArach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEVJockey View Post
2,087 units have been pre-ordered.
I'm wondering how many more units will get sold via the overseas market and if there is a possibility of printing more designer's editions than standard editions, thus making the standard edition a slightly rarer commodity for collectors in the decades to come.

EDIT (should read): I'm wondering how many more units will get sold via the overseas market and if there is a possibility of printing more kickstarter editions than designer's editions, thus making the designer's edition a slightly rarer commodity for collectors in the decades to come.

Praise "Bob"!

Last edited by LordArach; 04-25-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #447
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
I'm wondering how many more units will get sold via the overseas market and if there is a possibility of printing more designer's editions than standard editions, thus making the standard edition a slightly rarer commodity for collectors in the decades to come.
Do you mean "Kickstarter edition" here? Or are you talking about earlier versions of OGRE and/or GEV (most of which are already quite rare). All copies of 6e will be "Designer's Edition".
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #448
LordArach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
All copies of 6e will be "Designer's Edition".
No. Steve will still be doing a print run of 3,000 standard edition copies beyond the designer's edition which is only available through Kickstarter. At the very least, the standard edition of Ogre 6e will not include the $75K counter sheet and $140K terrain overlays. Those say that they will only be available to those who buy through Kickstarter. I don't know if the certificate will be included in the designer's edition box or if it will come separately, and I'm not sure if the credits for supporters on the box and in the rulesheet will carry over to the standard edition either.

Praise "Bob"!

Last edited by LordArach; 04-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #449
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
No. Steve will still be doing a print run of 3,000 standard edition copies beyond the designer's edition which is only available through Kickstarter.
I'm certain that you are wrong. The Designer's Edition will be printed in a print run of at least 3,000 copies, but the Kickstarter Edition is only available on Kickstarter or from stores that got the Kickstarter Edition (with the $300 FLGS option). There is no "standard edition" being planned here. The main difference with between the normal Designer's Edition and the Kickstarter Edition is the extra counter sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson on Kickstarter
I’m constantly getting requests to bring it back, and in 2008 we started working on a new edition . . . a “designer’s edition” that would be as big and beautiful as any wargame you’ve ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordArach
At the very least, the standard edition of Ogre 6e will not include the $75K counter sheet and $140K terrain overlays.
That will still say "Designer's Edition" on the box. OGRE 6e is the the Designer's Edition.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #450
LordArach

Ahh! Ok. Then change all references to "standard edition" to "designer's edition" and change "designer's edition" to "kickstarter edition." :P

Praise "Bob"!