Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
angiek

Default Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drives are shambling away!

Good morning, Munchkins! If you've been meaning to get the Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drive but you hadn't gotten it yet, now is the time! The Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drive has shuffled and shambled steadily out of our warehouse over the past few weeks and they're almost gone! Supplies are now low, so if you wanted to get a Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drive for its storage abilities and in-game bonus head over to Warehouse 23 soon, before they're all gone!
angiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
DeDiceManCometh

Default Re: Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drives are shambling away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiek View Post
Good morning, Munchkins! If you've been meaning to get the Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drive but you hadn't gotten it yet, now is the time! The Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drive has shuffled and shambled steadily out of our warehouse over the past few weeks and they're almost gone! Supplies are now low, so if you wanted to get a Munchkin Zombies Removable Thumb Drive for its storage abilities and in-game bonus head over to Warehouse 23 soon, before they're all gone!
Now, you've gone and made me have to ask: Why on on earth aren't Munchkin Zombie Removable Thumb Drives not shaped like...wait for it... removable zombie thumbs?!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
Phil Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDiceManCometh View Post
Now, you've gone and made me have to ask: Why on on earth aren't Munchkin Zombie Removable Thumb Drives not shaped like...wait for it... removable zombie thumbs?!
At a wild guess - because having transfers printed up to go on standard bulk-produced plain white USB sticks costs about 1% of the price of having a special casing designed, molded, and assembled?
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
PK

It's a pun, not a visual/prop gag. Flash drives are commonly referred to as both "removable storage media" (officially) and "thumb drives" (colloquially), so since there's a zombie theme here . . . well, you get it. The joke doesn't rely on them looking like thumbs, because the whole point is that they're already called "thumb drives."

(Of course, now the joke is less funnier because it has been explained. Ah well.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
It's a pun, not a visual/prop gag. Flash drives are commonly referred to as both "removable storage media" (officially) and "thumb drives" (colloquially), so since there's a zombie theme here . . . well, you get it. The joke doesn't rely on them looking like thumbs, because the whole point is that they're already called "thumb drives."

(Of course, now the joke is less funnier because it has been explained. Ah well.)
I guess the visual cue would be hitting you on the thumb with the joke *ig*

Little known sequel by Mark Harris - Bang the Thumb Slowly.
Addams was right! 8|
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post

I still think it would have been funnier if they at least printed a Zombie thumb on one side of the standard-shaped casing. ;-P
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
RevBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I still think it would have been funnier if they at least printed a Zombie thumb on one side of the standard-shaped casing. ;-P
We did. Go to the page and look at the "back" photo.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.

Last edited by angiek; 03-06-2012 at 07:38 AM.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
angiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
We did! Who doesn't love an opportunity to put zombie thumbs on things? :)

If you click on the pictures of the thumb drive on the product page (http://worldofmunchkin.com/extras/mzthumbdrive/), you can find pictures of both sides of the drive. The back side (the side with the zombie thumb) is the third picture.

Cheers!
angiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
Mister Ed

Ha! That's what I get for not checking ALL the product images. I can't believe this is the first time I've known about that.

I would have put THAT as the main product image, myself. Or at least mentioned it in the description. I think it really puts the joke over the top. :-)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
DeDiceManCometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
At a wild guess - because having transfers printed up to go on standard bulk-produced plain white USB sticks costs about 1% of the price of having a special casing designed, molded, and assembled?
Yeah, what an exorbitantly expensive idea. No one would ever do that.

http://www.geekalerts.com/usb-real-thumb-drive/

Guess the cost of creating green, moldy thumbs would probably tip the scales, too! Ha!

Last edited by angiek; 03-29-2012 at 08:55 AM.
DeDiceManCometh is offline   Reply With Quote