Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
_Civ_

Default Re: Overhead projector for a battlemat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heruca
_Civ_, I've developed my Battlegrounds: RPG Edition software specifically with projector users like you in mind. It's a virtual tabletop program that lets you move tokens around on a full-screen map, and it has a Fog-of-War feature that dynamically reveals the map as the PCs explore, based on the light sources they are carrying, ambient light sources, and whatever special vision the characters may possess (low light vision, darkvision, etc.).

It comes with generic maps (grass, sand, stone, etc.) on which you can place objects (trees, bushes, rocks, ponds, ruins, etc.) to customize the map to your liking. A hex grid or square grid that overlays the map can be turned on or off at will, and you can set the grid's color and opacity. You can even turn on Area of Effect templates of different sizes that either stay in place or move around with your figures. In short, it's a program that's designed specifically for playing RPGs, so that you don't have to shoe-horn Photoshop (a $650+ program) into a role it was never intended for, and is far from ideal for.

In addition, Battlegrounds lets you display visual aids, play music or sound effects, reference game charts, and it has a built-in dice roller and turn sequencer. Not to mention that it lets you play your games online.

Tonight I'll be releasing a new version that includes new Fog of War tools that make the program far more powerful than ever before. I hope you'll check it out. Just click the link in my sig.
Wow, wish I'd found that before I spent 6 hours in photoshop shoe-horning it fit my needs! haha.

I'm downloading the demo now, I'll check it out and most likely buy a copy, $30 is a good price if it does everything I want.
_Civ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #12
heruca

Heh!

You should know that v1.0.8 has just been released. You'll want to play with that instead of v1.0.7a, since there's all sorts of new Fog of War tools that were just added. Just keep in mind that v1.0.8 is in beta status for the time being.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #13
_Civ_

Hmm, not quite sure that this is exactly what I'm looking for. Tho it would definately rock in PbM! I can only find 1.0.7 on your site, am I retarded? Where is the link for 1.0.8?
_Civ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #14
heruca

Oops! Knew I forgot something.

I release beta versions via my forums, not via my Downloads page.

Here's the link:
http://battlegroundsgames.com/forums...pic.php?t=1181

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote