Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #201
Kalzazz

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Volume must be increased! I can barely make out words with my laptops audio maxed
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #202
mook

Good to know, Kalzazz... I'm just catching this as I head to bed, but I'll try to look into it tomorrow before starting game prep.

Other people finding it hard to hear?
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #203
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Good to know, Kalzazz... I'm just catching this as I head to bed, but I'll try to look into it tomorrow before starting game prep.

No problem with the audio here.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:14 AM   #204
GM Joe

I'm not a fan of podcasts, but I thought this one was well done. The length was good, you kept it moving throughout, and you picked some good questions to answer. Well done!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #205
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post

While the audio level was a little on the low side, it wasn't low enough to be problematic on my end.

Also look forward to more of these.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:07 PM   #206
mook

'Ello,

I have updated the original post to include a second track with the volume boosted. I also upped the input value on my mic from "16" to "50," so going forward the volume should be better.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #207
mook

Hello there, Game Geekery geeks! Unsurprisingly, as there is a convention tomorrow, I am running around like a madman trying to finish last-minute (and not-so-last-minute) game prep for the "Hell on Wheels" GURPS biker game I'm running, which I'll tell you all about next week.

However, I did want to call your attention to some very big, very awesome GURPS news -- a new Powered by GURPS "Dungeon Fantasy RPG" Kickstarter!

That's right... in addition to the already announced "GURPS Mars Attacks" and "GURPS Discworld" books for 2016, there will be even more GURPS-y goodness in actual hard copy, physical bits, coming in 2017.

Please check it out and pledge if it puts a spring in your step the way it does mine. Personally, I hope this is the beginning of a whole new channel of actual hold-in-your-hand GURPS products, and I can't wait to crack it open.

(I would have seriously considered springing for the four-hour game session run by Kromm if I were going to Gen Con, or if I could just fly up to Canada! :)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #208
mook

Greetings, folks!

Last weekend's biker-werewolf convention games of "Hell on Wheels" were a total blast to run, and I'm already looking forward to February for the next convention.

The weekend reminded me of a couple things I try to remember when GMing, namely "The Players Want To Have Fun" (a/k/a, "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff") and "Let Her Be A Werewolf" (a/k/a, "Don't Be Stingy With The Fun!").

I'm pretty sure I've counted exactly 437 "Rules for GMing Fun Games," but I often forget them and have to be reminded now and again. This time around it was these two, but the good news is... you can learn from my mistakes.

What are your "GM words to live by"?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #209
mook

Hello, hello!

Today I'm posting the notes and characters from my recent "Hell on Wheels" convention game for download, so please give 'em a peek and let me know what you think. If you actually run it sometime, I'd love to hear how it goes.

I also talk a bit about how each scene played out across three different groups. It ran great all three times and each time had its own "flavor," a definite plus when GMing the same material for multiple groups.

Finally, I give another shout-out to the much-anticipated Dungeon Fantasy RPG Kickstarter, just because it's awesome and you should totally check it out. (The fact that it is offering a softcover printed version of "How to Be a GURPS GM" is just a bonus!)

All my digits remain firmly crossed that we're crossing now into a new age of physical GURPS products.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 AM   #210
philosophyguy

I've said this before, but your convention games and quick play adventures are phenomenal resources. It is so convenient to have a collection of one-shots when I'm trying to organize a game, and I hope more members of the GURPS community will start sharing their materials.

Because GURPS' biggest strength is that it allows you to play almost any type of game, having a wide variety of adventures ready to run is a huge recruiting tool.

Thanks for putting this together!
philosophyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs