Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #41
JLV

Default Re: Scales of maps and play

That should be interesting! Have you considered maybe starting a TFT/LEGO blog or something? You could show how to build monsters and set them on bases for use with LEGOs.

While admittedly, it's not something I'm likely to get into, I'll bet Steve Jackson would personally plug the hell out of such a blog/website! Plus, it's just another great way to get the word about TFT out in another community! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #42
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

oooo, minifigs.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #43
Terquem

I would like to give a try at a In the (Lego) Labyrinth Blog

But I don't know much about blogging (will look into it) and I would want to wait until after the kickstarter is announced, and be sure I don't do anything I'm not supposed to do, seeing as it's such a huge company, and the Lego people might be mad to!
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:49 AM   #44
JLV

I'd think if you could build them out of standard blocks (assuming there is such a thing -- my knowledge of LEGOs is, shall we say, extremely limited), or sets that they are currently selling, I'd think the LEGO people would be very happy for the free advertising, though they might be strongly inclined to ask you to put a link to their web page up on the blog.

I know there are a number of such blogs/web pages out there -- Steve and Phil have certainly shown us a few of them on the Daily Illuminator over the years.

Plus, if you put a link to SJG and specifically to the TFT web page on there, I'll bet Steve would be happy too.

Which actually brings up another question, this one for Steve & Co. Is it okay to use your new Melee and Wizard logos on the fan web pages now? Or do folks need to hold off on that for a while?
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #45
Terquem

I did some homework today and there are a lot of Lego themed, Fantasy gaming blogs

Some of them are really good. I don't know what I could bring to the table, other than a TFT:ITL spin on the hobby

I'm also considering resizing my map sheet to 35mm hexes, which just barely fits on a 17x22 inch (c size) sheet of paper. The 32mm 4x4 round plates fit on my current map but I wonder if having just a bit more hex size will work better.

This will make the scale hex size 1.68 meters, which is a bit on the large size if you are a traditionalist trying to stick to 5 foot spaces to control figure movement
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #46
Terquem

Here is another thread I am resurrecting with a good discussion of scales and hex sizes
Old 08-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #47
JohnPaulB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
That should be interesting! Have you considered maybe starting a TFT/LEGO blog or something? You could show how to build monsters and set them on bases for use with LEGOs.

While admittedly, it's not something I'm likely to get into, I'll bet Steve Jackson would personally plug the hell out of such a blog/website! Plus, it's just another great way to get the word about TFT out in another community! ;-)
Maybe Steve can get Legos to make a MegaHex baseplates?

http://www.brickarms.com/Hex-Stand.php
http://www.gibrick.com/brickarmss-he...stud-hx2s.html
https://www.brickizimo-toys.com/en/d...fig-stand.html

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #48
Terquem

I don't particularly care for the "Map Scales" entry on the GM Screen

there are simply too many issues with it that I am irritated by it being there at all.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #49
larsdangly

Why? I'm not sure I understand what issues there could be with specifying the various map scales used in the game.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #50
Terquem

THOSE are not SCALES they are references...

how big is the hex, on the paper!

A Barony (controlled by a Baron), by definition would be smaller than a county (controlled by a Count)

unless it is meant to be a USA style county, then if that's the case why is there no USA style Township and another thing...

Hey, get that hook away from me...no I'm not putting on that jacket...what do you mean it's time for my nap!