Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Tiggurix

Default Exotic Dragon Breath Powers

So, I recently played a little browser game called How to Raise a Dragon, which I play again now and then because I find it charming and atmospheric. After I played it, I began to wonder how I could model these particular dragons in GURPS.

As you can imagine, I have had the most problems with modeling the more exotic breath powers there, namely the Healing and Plant-Growth breaths. First of all, here's a quick draft of the Healing breath for an adolescent dragon:

Healing (Cone, 1 yards, +60%; Magical, -10%; Cosmic; No Die Roll Required +100%; Ranged, +40%; Reduced Fatigue Cost 20, +400%; Reduced Range, X1/10, -30%; Xenohealing, All Animate Matter, +100%) [228]

That's how close I came to model it accurately to affect "living" creatures, I think. And it's still able to create zombies out of corpses! I imagine that I'll need GURPS Zombies to model that accurately. Or is there something I'm doing wrong? After all, the breath power for a standard firebreathing adolescent came in at a mere 12 points. And I have no idea how to model the Plant-Growth breath...

Help, please?

Last edited by Tiggurix; 03-11-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Fixed link.
Tiggurix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Exotic Dragon Breath Powers

Creating zombies would be a Linked Affliction, giving corpses a Zombie template. And really, breath powers seem more like Jets to me.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
Nymdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Creating zombies would be a Linked Affliction, giving corpses a Zombie template. And really, breath powers seem more like Jets to me.
I havent played the game, but its pretty normal for Dragon breath to be Cone, Jet, Missile or Cloud depending on the desires of the GM.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
These ones are definitely Cones. The dragons are too big and can affect too many subjects simultaneously for it to be a Jet.

Tags
dragon, fantasy, powers