Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #991
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Weapon Soul Prerequisite: Judo, Karate, or a weapon skill >= 14 or Trained By a Master
Your devotion to the fighting arts has caused the univers to classify your being as a weapon. Spells that enhance weaponry give you an analogous benefit. Spells intended to find weapons register you.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #992
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense of Duty (Kittens) View Post
Weapon Soul Prerequisite: Judo, Karate, or a weapon skill >= 14 or Trained By a Master
Your devotion to the fighting arts has caused the univers to classify your being as a weapon. Spells that enhance weaponry give you an analogous benefit. Spells intended to find weapons register you.
I really like this one! I am stealing <,<
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #993
Captain-Captain

Runner's Air. Once per day you may reroll a failed running roll to ,eep the fatigue and go a bit further. GMs can forbid this from PCs whose rolls are so high this perk would effectively make their rolls automatic.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #994
Jarite

I'm not sure about this one, but what about:

Epic Fail: Your chances of suceeding on a roll are the same, but if you fail a roll (actually fail, not trying to look like you failed) you can make it so that the failure seems so utterly cringworthingly stupid as to shock by the sheer extent of it. (Not the same as a critical failure, which is about how bad the consequences of the failure are- this is about how bad it SEEMS)

Examples of an epic fail would be trying to cross the street and ending up in the next city, pouring milk and cornflakes together and somehow setting the bowl on fire, or trying for a day or so and failing to put on a pair of pants. The 'benefit' of this is that it can help you to look like a complete moron and holds people's attention.
(Not sure if the choice should be there or not for it to be perk level)
Jarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #995
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain View Post
Runner's Air. Once per day you may reroll a failed running roll to ,eep the fatigue and go a bit further. GMs can forbid this from PCs whose rolls are so high this perk would effectively make their rolls automatic.
Meh, compare to No Nuisance Rolls, which just makes your rolls automatic at high levels.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #996
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarite View Post
I'm not sure about this one, but what about:

Epic Fail: Your chances of suceeding on a roll are the same, but if you fail a roll (actually fail, not trying to look like you failed) you can make it so that the failure seems so utterly cringworthingly stupid as to shock by the sheer extent of it. (Not the same as a critical failure, which is about how bad the consequences of the failure are- this is about how bad it SEEMS)
How does this perk benefit the character? This looks more like a quirk or feature of Weirdness Magnet.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #997
cybermancer2k1

Quote:
"Um, not to question your magical talents, my friend, but we're supposed to be finding the weapon foretold to destroy the kingdom, not a man dressed as a giant bat..."
Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #998
Jarite

Quote:
How does this perk benefit the character? This looks more like a quirk or feature of Weirdness Magnet.
It would be rare, but some characters could benefit from it- those who want to seem more incompetent than they actually are, for example.
Jarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #999
BaHalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarite View Post
It would be rare, but some characters could benefit from it- those who want to seem more incompetent than they actually are, for example.
There is a equivalent perk, without the disasters. I forgot the name right now.
BaHalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #1000
Sense of Duty (Kittens)

S.O.P.( Beware the Sacrilege!) You are sure to avoid acts that would be offensive you your religion, as per your Theology skill, or the religion of somebody else in a social situation.

Tags
house rules, perks