Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #531
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria
Hanging up her phone as she waits on them to make a decision. She walks over to the boy sitting on the bench next to him with a smile. "They'll be fine with out me for a bit longer. How are you feeling now?"
Pepito sits idly on the bench, attempting to carve his name on the seat next to him. Which is really difficult given that he's already used anything metal and detachable to throw at the priest, trying to stop the exorcism. He looks up and smiles. "Fine, layyyyday."

Salla and Father Lombardi are packing their things, wordlessly. Neither has yet made any attempt to break the exorcism circle or put the apartment back in order.

((GM here--as for Glen, you may want to reread the Rivercide transcript. It's linked off the *old* main page)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 04-03-2008 at 10:00 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #532
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Pepito sits idly on the bench, attempting to carve his name on the seat next to him. Which is really difficult given that he's already used anything metal and detachable to throw at the priest, trying to stop the exorcism. He looks up and smiles. "Fine, layyyyday."

Salla and Father Lombardi are packing their things, wordlessly. Neither has yet made any attempt to break the exorcism circle or put the apartment back in order.

((GM here--as for Glen, you may want to reread the Rivercide transcript. It's linked off the *old* main page)
"You know you really shouldn't do that. You wouldn't like it after all if that was your bench and somone else was trying to carve their name in it." She speaking in her best friendly not patronizing voice.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #533
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria
"You know you really shouldn't do that. You wouldn't like it after all if that was your bench and somone else was trying to carve their name in it." She speaking in her best friendly not patronizing voice.
He looks at her, completely baffled. Then he gets up off the bench, sits on the grass, and proceeds to pluck at the grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
((GM here, something I should have been a lot clearer on. Those who've seen an exorcism before--Shenmachel and Da'at probably, Zahira probably not, Mitchim, Ash and Rinael I'm not sure) know there's a procedure, solemn and ritual in its nature, that follows it. Usually that involves the priest giving a blessing an/or last rites to the former host, and they don't appear to be setting up for that, at least not yet. Otherwise there's simply a sense of closure, or at the very least a breaking down of the circle and its implements, usually performed by the angelic handler as the priest is usually too spent to do it.))

None of these things are happening. Salla seems very irritated, Lombardi uneasy as though he wants to do these things but isn't willing to cross her.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #534
alexondria

Watching him pick the grass, "Well I'm glad your feeling better, but you still look like you don't feel too good."

((mostly she's going to make small talk with him until they come to a decision and try to gauge his state of mind- let me know if you want me to keep interjecting it in the thread or if you want to leave it to the other conversation))
Old 04-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #535
tHEhERETIC

((GM with insomnia...

Se entry #333. Da'at/Glen was not there nor apparently was Ash, and apparently Zahira missed it by seconds. The rest of you, however, this was under a week ago. Blasted PbP timelines...

Corps on the brain tonight, knew there was something I was forgetting.))
Old 04-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #536
alexondria

Zahira will find a spot on the ground that is mostly devoid of grass and a stick to scratch in the drit with, "Wanna play tic tac to?" She'll sit down to a simple game with Chris/Pepito.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:25 AM   #537
Sylver
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
"Well, my position in the War is not the discussion topic at the moment. And I don't think we're already finished and matters are settled yet.

"The Power - who is a servant of Destiny - seems to disagree with your opinion, Vassal. And although I assume that you don't engage in wishful thinking much, the issues the Friend of the Unseen has with 'Pepito' seem to run very deep and are not to be taken lightly - in my opinion.

"And even if he can be saved, we should weigh that future possibility against the harm that will be done on the way to reach it. Will the Remnant reform quickly enough or will serious emotional damage to his mother occur faster? And, if Glen Breckenridge is as troubled a person as you say he is, is he really suitable to help his 'brother'? I doubt that a troubled person is a good aid to another troubled person - at least in many circumstances.
You assume that taking responsibility for 'Chris' will help him 'adjust' - but when will he be ready to take this responsibility? Right when you ask him to do so? Or will it take precious time?

"Don't get me wrong, if the Bright Lilim says that he can be saved I trust her judgment. But I don't know if it warrants the effort and if we have the time to do it and the ability to repair all the collateral damage that might occur on the way.

"If this was one of the little Black Forest villages I once served in I'd consent with your suggestion since there wouldn't be much trouble to be expected from the opposition.
But this is Los Angeles, a city firmly in the grasp of Hell. We're on the defensive, if the phrase of "being in the underground" isn't even more correct. We have to hold our ground and try to save as many humans as we can. I doubt that we have the resources to spare to focus closely on a demonic Remnant.

"Or do you, Vassal, want to call off all your current operations to do it, thus deserting the humans that depend on you?"

He's speaking calmly, slowly - but his look is very determined.

Rina looks at Shen, Da'at and Ashbel defiantly.. She gives Ash a slightly longer look, one that clearly implies that she's still waiting to hear his opinion..

"Dear Da'at.. Would you consent to try and gather *some* information about Chris's potential Destiny? Or even find us some information about Remnants? We seem to know far too little about them..

"Shenmachel, I will not give up on a being that has found its way to me. I have other charges and other tasks in LA, yes, but I will find a way to make it all work so that I can see to the well being of *all* my charges - including Corat, Eliza, Chris's family and Chris himself. By asking me to choose you ask me to betray my fundamental purpose. I will not do it. Deal with it - or not, however you choose. Just remember that this "underground" that you spoke of is *my* garden. So long as one of the stronger players - like his Prince or your Master - stay out of my way with regards to Chris, I do not think that helping him will hinder *my* work here in LA, and as the resident Resistance leader, that's really all that matters. You, after all, will blow in here, make a mess, and blow out.. Almost like a Windy - though not anything like *my* Windy.. As for Corat, I would imagine that the best penance and healing he can do is to help Chris reform and his family adjust. I also believe that having a reason to be home and to help out will give Glen the place to belong in his family that he has lost and really needs back in order to change his life around, too, and having Corat there will help them both out.."

Her lecture done, she seems much calmer - and much more focussed..

"I'm going to make a phone call and see if I can't find out any other information about Remnants and how they work.. And regardless of what any of you think, unless Novalis asks me to let Chris go, then I *will* save him - even if I have to fight all of you to do so."

With that, she turns away, fiddling with her phone.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #538
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Rina looks at Shen, Da'at and Ashbel defiantly.. She gives Ash a slightly longer look, one that clearly implies that she's still waiting to hear his opinion..

"I'm going to make a phone call and see if I can't find out any other information about Remnants and how they work.. And regardless of what any of you think, unless Novalis asks me to let Chris go, then I *will* save him - even if I have to fight all of you to do so."

With that, she turns away, fiddling with her phone.
Ash shrugs at her pointed look, "I did what I cam here to do, demon is dead. You all are getting a bit too abstract for my tastes. Sorry, but I'll just go with group consensus on the vessel's fate."

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #539
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim
Ash shrugs at her pointed look, "I did what I cam here to do, demon is dead. You all are getting a bit too abstract for my tastes. Sorry, but I'll just go with group consensus on the vessel's fate."
Mitch has remained silent untill now, still troubled by the outcome "I have never dealt with a Rement before now, so I have little to add. I can only hope that with therapy he can regain at least part of a normal life as a regular mortal. I fear that unless one of our Archangels wishes to lend a hand he be left as he is. And perhaps living out a life as a mortal rather then a demon is not such a terrible thing."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #540
Sylver
MIB

"Thank you, Mitchem! (I *do* hope that's his proper Angelic name..)"

She smiles at him and blows him a kiss..
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine