Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #131
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
He gives Corat a look of "Who me?" and then looks straight at her. "I'll tell you later."
Corat lets out a long weary sigh and addresses Ryuki. "You didn't." Corat is irritated. "What kind of stupid stunt...what is it you want?"

He looks at Corat and fakes a very bad Asian accent. "Put za donazien in-a the jar-a."

"No. And I already told you no." Corat gets up and walks to the kitchen, unopposed by your host, and opens a window. He leans towards it and breathes the fresh air.

Ryuki watches the rest of you carefully.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:35 AM   #132
Sylver
MIB

"What's going on, C? I think it's enough with the games, at this point.."

Rina-el turns to look at Ryuki. "Ryuki, what *is* it that you want? Considering that we intended to come in a cooperative mood and work together, asking would most likely have gotten you farther than the manipulations and tricks and innuendo have.."

Then she smiles brightly at the room. "Tea, anyone?"

Last edited by Sylver; 10-08-2007 at 03:50 AM. Reason: adding character flair
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 AM   #133
Methariel

"Not for me, Jasmine, thank you."

Shenmachel answers Rina-el curtly. Then the Seraph looks at Ryuki with a mixture of irritation and frustration on his face. He tries again to listen carefully to the Symphony, all the while watching Ryuki with his mundane abilities to detect lies, too.

"Ryuki, you have been asked if you set up a trap for us. I don't think that Jasmine - or anyone else - wants to wait until 'later' for you to tell us. It'd be better for everyone here if you'd answer now - without further evasions.

Oh, and if it matters to you: Free Will in itself is not evil, quite the contrary. It's a gift humans received from God himself. And neither is it evil to actually use one's Free Will. But the aim that's to be reached by using Free Will can be evil - and damning your very soul, bounding it to Hell.

And perhaps you'd answer Corat, too. Your acquaintance doesn't seem to be too happy with the 'stunt' you're 'pulling off'."

He was cautious to avoid being insulting in tone or gesture, although he didn't manage to conceal his growing impatience and strictness totally.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #134
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el shudders and looks at Shenmachel in utter shock at using Corat's Angelic name in Ryuki's hearing. She figures that Ryuki either knows or has a reasonable guess of Corat's real name based on Ryuki calling him "Corey", but to have Corat's name spoken to a mortal - a sorcerer, no less - is a horrific breach of ettiquette! Especially since said sorcerer just asked for another Angel's name..

Then she shrugs, as what's done is done, and continues on towards the kitchen to make tea..
Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #135
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
"What's going on, C? I think it's enough with the games, at this point.."

Rina-el turns to look at Ryuki. "Ryuki, what *is* it that you want? Considering that we intended to come in a cooperative mood and work together, asking would most likely have gotten you farther than the manipulations and tricks and innuendo have.."

Then she smiles brightly at the room. "Tea, anyone?"
Corat seems a bit twitchy...more twitchy. He's been very calm up until this point.

"If Ryu's doing what I think he's doing," then adds an aside to Ryuki, "(nice try not mentioning it, what, do you think I'm an idiot?) he's merely locked the door. Now. That doesn't stop any of us leaving here, unless you count the thirty foot drop. Now what I don't get...is why he thinks it will keep all five of us from ripping his ungrateful limbs off!"

"You need me to get to Gavin."

"Yeah well, you need us to stop him from ruining everything you've worked for. Whatever he is. We're not putting anything in your damn jar, get that? So open the door."

"You open it."

"You've got five angels in your living room, and none of them aren't ****** off at you."

"I only see two, and some friends of theirs. And I wouldn't call him," he points to Aaron, "cooperative."

"Grow up." Corat's upset, but he stays close to that window.

"Open the door."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-08-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: at work, can't look up who all is in the room!
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #136
rudeboyscott

Calmly, Aaron rises, slowly enough that Ryuki can't mistake his intentions as aggressive. Without a word, he walks over to Corat in the kitchen, hands in plain view. Cautiously he approaches the Ofanite, so as not to aggravate what Aaron expects to be the other angel's condition.

"I think I can help you, my friend," he says to Corat in a low, soothing whisper. That said, he lightly places his hand on Corat's shoulder consolingly, and a quiet melody escapes his lips.
rudeboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #137
Sylver
MIB

((OOC - Rudeboyscott, Corat's in the living room.. *I* am in the kitchen! LOL!))

"I'm not angry with Ryuki, C.. Just a little confused.. Ryuki, why lock the door at all? And what jar?"

Rina-el catches a little of Aaron's melody and smiles to herself, glad that someone is taking care of Corat in his moment of distress.

Last edited by Sylver; 10-08-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #138
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
((OOC - Rudeboyscott, Corat's in the living room.. *I* am in the kitchen! LOL!))

"I'm not angry with Ryuki, C.. Just a little confused.. Ryuki, why lock the door at all? And what jar?"

Rina-el catches a little of Aaron's melody and smiles to herself, glad that someone is taking care of Corat in his moment of distress.
((OOC actually Corat's in the kitchen, practically sticking his head out the window. FYI check digit 4, 8 minute duration))

There is a note in the air, equal in volume to the crackle but with considerably more grace, peaceful, like a fine set of chimes ((or whichever instrument RBScott prefers)). Jasmine would see, and Aaron feel, the tension drain from Corat's vessel, his heart-attack Symphonic beats settling into a cooler rhythm. Ryuki steals a glance in their direction, moving slightly to put his back to a wall and stay within reach of those swords. To himself he says "San"--Japanese for 'three'. To Aaron, he asks "Is he cured?" Corat shoots him a look like "What the f---?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-08-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: being a bit poetic
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #139
rudeboyscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
"No. And I already told you no." Corat gets up and walks to the kitchen, unopposed by your host, and opens a window.
((OOC: Stop trying to make me think I'm crazy :) ))

"Hmm?" the Elohite turns slowly, regarding Ryuli serenely. "Cured of what, Ryuki? I have merely...eased his distress at this entire situation."

Aaron cants his head slightly to regard Corat. Lost in the Symphony as he was, Aaron had almost forgotten why he was singing. Now that Corat's agitation was under control, the rest of this charade could play itself out...but quickly, as the song would not ease Corat's suffering for any length of time.

"Ryuki, I must apologize for my earlier behavior," Aaron says ((OOC: Emoting a mix of pleasure and admiration, as if Ryuki had just passed a test)), approaching the Asian man across the thick carpeting. The large angel of Destiny holds his hands up in a non-threatening gesture, extending his beefy hand to the sorceror in a gesture of reconciliation. He turns on the charm a bit as he speaks.

"You have impressed me, even under extreme provocation. And, with the reassurance of my friend," he continues, nodding at Shenmachel, "I can conclude that you are not the stereotypical 'sorceror.' I'm sure a man of your caliber understands our caution, especially when the...aid...we can offer to a worthy person is so much sought after."

Last edited by rudeboyscott; 10-09-2007 at 10:22 AM.
rudeboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #140
Puck

Quote:
"Ryuki, I must apologize for my earlier behavior," Aaron says ((OOC: Emoting a mix of pleasure and admiration, as if Ryuki had just passed a test)), approaching the Asian man across the thick carpeting. The large angel of Destiny holds his hands up in a non-threatening gesture, extending his beefy hand to the sorceror in a gesture of reconciliation. He turns on the charm a bit as he speaks.

"You have impressed me, even under extreme provocation. And, with the reassurance of my friend," he continues, nodding at Shenmachel, "I can conclude that you are not the stereotypical 'sorceror.' I'm sure a man of your caliber understands our caution, especially when the...aid...we can offer to a worthy person is so much sought after."
Mitch looks pleased as things retreat from their hostile state. He also steps forward and looks between Aaron and Ryuki "Perhaps we can work out a a trade here. Ryuki, you wished to meet a Seraph." He nods in the direction of Shenmachel "You have met one. In return we wish to know anything else that you have not told us about Gavin. So far we know that his quest for power has ruined him money-wise and that he has moved to Watts. Also that you belive he has supernatural help with his Sorcerery. Is there anything else that you have not told us that might be useful? What would you want in return for this information?"

OOC turning on my Resonance.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine