Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Railstar

Default Unkillable: ongoing trigger?

This is a short question about Unkillable, with the Trigger limitation.

As I understand the Trigger limitation, once reduced to -10xHP, they require a substance or condition to start healing - but heal normally afterwards?

What if they need repeated or ongoing contact with their Trigger to continue healing? What would that be worth as a limitation? My gut instinct is to say "treat as one category closer to rare" but I'm not sure if that should work.

Last edited by Railstar; 10-10-2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: title error
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
mlangsdorf

Default Re: Unkillable: ongoing trigger?

I think that's a fairly limited Unhealing, actually. Unhealing (Environmental, absence of X, -20%; Accessibility: Only while dead -60%) [-4].

If they're not in the presence of the Trigger, they return from the dead but don't heal, naturally or magically, until they get in the presence of the trigger item.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railstar View Post
What if they need repeated or ongoing contact with their Trigger to continue healing? What would that be worth as a limitation?
Personally, I don't think it's worth quite as much as a full step more rare - generally, I'd say, if someone can arrange a bucket of human blood to pour on your ashes, they can probably arrange for buckets to continue to be poured until you resurrect yourself, without too much more trouble. I'd suggest adding -5% to the limitation value of Trigger instead.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Railstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Personally, I don't think it's worth quite as much as a full step more rare - generally, I'd say, if someone can arrange a bucket of human blood to pour on your ashes, they can probably arrange for buckets to continue to be poured until you resurrect yourself, without too much more trouble. I'd suggest adding -5% to the limitation value of Trigger instead.
That works well. I'll use that - although since Common & Very Common are both -5%, I'll not give the extra -5% if applied to a Very Common Trigger.
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railstar View Post
although since Common & Very Common are both -5%, I'll not give the extra -5% if applied to a Very Common Trigger.
Yeah, that makes sense. The difference between needing a cool breeze to be blowing over you when you come back to life, vs. needing one to be blowing over you the whole time you heal up to -5XHP is pretty much negligible, in my opinion.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote