Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
ishinken

Default "Fight with levels only"

2. Someone is fighting 2 monsters, one monster cannot be defeated with anything but your levels, the other one however does not. Does that mean you have to defeat both monsters levels with your level only?

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 07-18-2009 at 05:57 PM.
ishinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: "Fight with levels only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishinken View Post
2. Someone is fighting 2 monsters, one monster cannot be defeated with anything but your levels, the other one however does not. Does that mean you have to defeat both monsters levels with your level only?
Yes, you have to defeat both monsters with your level only.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
devilcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Yes, you have to defeat both monsters with your level only.
I would have thought the first monster would be levels only, and the 2nd normal bonuses apply. I'm assuming based on your opinion, that in the case of an elf penalty this would also apply to both monsters.
devilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
I would have thought the first monster would be levels only, and the 2nd normal bonuses apply. I'm assuming based on your opinion, that in the case of an elf penalty this would also apply to both monsters.
Since you are fighting the combined level of the monsters, there is no way to fight one of them with levels only and another with levels and bonuses. Ditto for an Elf penalty (unless both monsters have an elf penalty, then you count both).
Old 08-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
homi

Quote:
How would you even calculate that? The winner of the fight is the total level/bonuses of the munchkin(s) vs the total level/bonuses of the monsters. You can't kill one monster separately from the other, so either you fight with only your levels against both, or not at all.
homi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
StaticHamster

Quote:
I find it easier to think of a multiple monster fight as one monster. All the bonus' and penalties combat into a whole.

Same thing when you have someones help in combat.

Let's say you were in combat against a suped up "The Mighty Germ" and you are a Dwarf. You ask for another players help and they are a halfling; Halflings autokill the Mighty Germ...therefore its dead. Divide the treasure as you agreed.

And Andrew doesn't just have opinions....he's one of the people on here who can give official answers. What he says usually is the rule.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Uzi4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticHamster View Post
Let's say you were in combat against a suped up "The Mighty Germ" and you are a Dwarf. You ask for another players help and they are a halfling; Halflings autokill the Mighty Germ...therefore its dead. Divide the treasure as you agreed.
right in this situation, what if another monster is helping the Mighty Germ? it's autokilled too? or it counts as charme ecc, so just the Germ goes away?
Uzi4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
StaticHamster

Just the Mighty Germ is auto-killed, in certain instances I find it easier to treat two monsters as one monster, but they are still separate monsters. You can for instance only use the Wizards charm ability on one of them.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #9
HunterNBama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi4U View Post
right in this situation, what if another monster is helping the Mighty Germ? it's autokilled too? or it counts as charme ecc, so just the Germ goes away?
In this case, I believe The Might Germ is still autokilled by the halfling, but you still have to fight the second Monster according to normal rules. If I am correct, think of it as stepping on the Germ as you advance on the second Monster. Note that I said "I believe", not that I know for certain. MM or Andrew may change this.
HunterNBama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rules