Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #41
4rc4num

Default Re: DF in Yrth

About the Power Investiture use in Yrth, why simple not apply the "Paradigm" idea from Mage: the Ascension ?

Celestial Chorus "mages" makes more sense than D&D clerics to me, and they dont use different rules than "hermetics mages, aka D&D wizards".
4rc4num is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #42
LoneWolf23k

Default Re: DF in Yrth

One option I was considering for DF Banestorm, was using the Archangels and Demon Princes from In Nomine. Then I realized I could adapt the concept differently: What if Angels and Demons aren't actually tied to any particular religion, but are actually "merely" extra-dimensional beings, engaged in a particular war with each other, and using magic to manipulate "mortal" races as catspaws in their war, much like the Vorlons and Shadows of Babylon 5?

The Archangels and Demon Princes granting Power Investiture to Mortal "clerics" and "un/holy knights" that meet their standards aren't exactly demigods, but you wouldn't blame a hapless monk from thinking that 11 foot tall armored humanoid with seven flaming wings jutting out from his back to think he's in the presence of an Archangel when he appears out of nowhere to task him with going out to track down and destroy a cult of demon worshippers, and won't question being granted the divine power to do so. What's the Abbot going to do, tell him to refuse an obvious emissary of God?
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, yrth