Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #391
LemmingLord

Default Re: [OOC] Weird Supers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
However being paralyzed with 0 ST and 0 DX is more disadvantageous than just having 0 ST and 0 DX. Similar to how if you have the quadriplegic disadvantage you can still buy down ST and DX. (In fact, it encourages it in the quadriplegic disadvantage.) This is basically the same thing.
If it is the same thing, take quadriplegic instead of paralysis in the build.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #392
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
If it is the same thing, take quadriplegic instead of paralysis in the build.
Similar, actually buying down stats would be for actual character creation. I could still replace paralysis with a bunch of temporary disadvantages (something like can't speak, quadriplegic, and weak bite), but temporary disadvantages don't linger. Its much more limiting to not be able to move for a minute or two after ending the power, than not being able to move for the second it takes me to stop using the advantage.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #393
Michael Thayne

Hmmm... what would be the effect of going down to 0 HP, not through damage but through temporary disadvantages/afflictions? Notice that you're simultaneously at every multiple of your HP!
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #394
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Hmmm... what would be the effect of going down to 0 HP, not through damage but through temporary disadvantages/afflictions? Notice that you're simultaneously at every multiple of your HP!
No idea! Luckily -ST due to backlash/afflictions doesn't affect HP. (And -DX doesn't affect basic speed IIRC) At least I'm pretty sure I'll double check...
Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg36 basic set
ST penalties also reduce BL and damage, while IQ reductions also apply to Will and Perception. Secondary characteristics are not otherwise affected; for instance, HT reduction does not affect Basic Speed or FP.
And powers
Quote:
Originally Posted by powers pg 104
Choose these from among Attribute Penalty, Incapacitation, Irritant, and Stunning, as defined for Affliction
So the backlash goes to affliction and HP is missing from the list of secondary attributes also affected.
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 04-11-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #395
Michael Thayne

Lucky you :)
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #396
Lamech

Quote:
Lucky you :)
Now I just need to be not attacked while I'm doing this. Which should probably be fine as long as no one gives the GM ideas.
Hiriko
Andrew
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #397
zoncxs

Quote:
Also, what are people's plans regarding Nightwatch and the murders? I need to make sure I actually have a way to link him up with the rest of the group.
well, right now Mythos kinda forgot about the shooting and nightwatch and is focusing on talking to an ALIEN. yay for attentive/forgetfullness/xenophila combo!

but once he remembers he would want to find him, even though info about nightwatch makes him look really bad and mythos does not agree with killing, it just doesn't feel like something nightwatch would do.

another thing nightwatch can do is look into the aliens during the day.

Last edited by zoncxs; 04-12-2012 at 10:59 PM.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #398
Lamech

Quote:
Also, what are people's plans regarding Nightwatch and the murders? I need to make sure I actually have a way to link him up with the rest of the group.
Isn't he a dangerous vigillante? I suppose at some point after the aliens are dealt with I should get (detect: Nightwatch) and point him out to the cops. We can leave him paralyzed too, so he doesn't hurt the cops trying to escape. :)

To be serious, I'm not sure. At some point we might want to try and track him down and see whats up though. Probably with out the attacking him and leaving him for the cops.

Also xenophilia, I should roll for that: 10, so apperently I'm not allowed to curse first and ask questions later. Damn it! Its almost like these disadvantages are disadvantagous or something.
Hiriko
Andrew
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #399
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Also xenophilia, I should roll for that: 10, so apperently I'm not allowed to curse first and ask questions later. Damn it! Its almost like these disadvantages are disadvantagous or something.
Would that really apply to someone who started off by threatening you?

Edit: I just had another idea. How about having Streaker launch a camera into orbit. How difficult would that be?

Edit number two: They didn't just threaten you, either; they took over all the world's communications.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 04-13-2012 at 09:18 AM.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #400
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Would that really apply to someone who started off by threatening you?

Edit: I just had another idea. How about having Streaker launch a camera into orbit. How difficult would that be?
how far can you throw?
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weird supers