Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #61
D351

Default Re: Hey Steve, whats more important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I didn't guarantee that we would accept any proposal. But yes, freelancers are welcome to propose releases to e23.
Of course not, but sill... there could be same serious awesome just waiting to be (written and) submitted.
D351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #62
Rogueliberty

Quote:
Ogrethulhu? I'm pretty sure that isn't part of the set.
...I hope it is not part of OGRE 6th edition. Please do not taint, corrupt, pollute, or otherwise twist, mutate, or derange OGRE 6th edition with the mind bending insanity that is Cthulhu...unless it is in the form of a nice expansion, however.

Keep them separate! :D
Rogueliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
Rogueliberty

Quote:
Because we do not have the staff time to devote to making this happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
Well I was actually thinking of a third party caster doing the work, not SJG.

Step 1: Inventory the molds

Step 2: Ship the molds off to a company willing to do the casting, order fulfillment, etc.

Step 3: Profit!!

OK, I know it's more complicated then that. Educate me.

I recently saw a Combine Set 11 (Ogre Mk 1&2) go for $129.00

There has got to be some profit in producing these...
REAPER MINIATURES would be worth looking into to see if they would aquire the OGRE Molds and make castings available again...in fact the more I think about it, the more that seems like it would be something right up their alley.
Rogueliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #64
Apache
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogueliberty View Post
REAPER MINIATURES would be worth looking into to see if they would aquire the OGRE Molds and make castings available again...in fact the more I think about it, the more that seems like it would be something right up their alley.
I know for a fact that the Reaper guys are OGRE freaks. They do publish CAV, after all, which is their version of BattleTech but with cooler looking Mechs.

And they are based out of Dallas, IIRC. They would probably send Evil Stevie hookers and beer for a chance to do Official OGRE Mini's.

Just sayin'.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #65
D351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I know for a fact that the Reaper guys are OGRE freaks. They do publish CAV, after all, which is their version of BattleTech but with cooler looking Mechs.

And they are based out of Dallas, IIRC. They would probably send Evil Stevie hookers and beer for a chance to do Official OGRE Mini's.

Just sayin'.
Hear that, Steve? Hookers and beer!
D351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #66
philreed
I do stuff and things.

We know the guys at Reaper and agree that they would make excellent partners. Unfortunately, that doesn't buy us the staff time to make anything happen. We remain focused on our current projects; if we ever find time to pursue bringing Ogre Miniatures back then we'll announce our plans.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #67
Eben

Quote:
Originally Posted by D351 View Post
Hear that, Steve? Hookers and beer!
Like he needs another distraction and dead brain cells.
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #68
jfleisher

"if we ever find time to pursue bringing Ogre Miniatures back then we'll announce our plans."

Hmmm, that sounds considerably less optimistic than the posting from June 2010:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...ght=miniatures

"Does this mean Ogre miniatures are doomed? Most emphatically "no." Ogre remains important to the company, and miniatures are part of that. While we may not have the bandwidth to place them as a top priority today, they will return to stock eventually. But we've got to strike the hot iron, to make sure we're still around tomorrow when we can get to those personal-favorite projects. Paul."

I just want to be able to finish building out my OM collection before my vision is too fuzzy to be able to paint them, lol.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com

Last edited by jfleisher; 02-18-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: forgot a quotation
jfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #69
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
I just want to be able to finish building out my OM collection before my vision is too fuzzy to be able to paint them, lol.
I wish I could tell you that getting the miniatures back into production is a top priority, but rather than lie to you I am trying to be as upfront and honest as I can. Steve wants the miniatures to be available again, yes, but I just do not have anyone I can focus on the issue.

If an amazing casting operation were to come to us with reasonable terms to take on the production we wouldn't refuse to look at the possibility. I just cannot take the time to go out exploring and start beating the bushes to find a caster who can meet Steve's quality demands and our own cost requirements.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #70
Ronnke

Quote:
If an amazing casting operation were to come to us with reasonable terms to take on the production we wouldn't refuse to look at the possibility. I just cannot take the time to go out exploring and start beating the bushes to find a caster who can meet Steve's quality demands and our own cost requirements.
Question...If I model the Ogre miniatures in 3d and then upload those designs to Shapeways for 3d printing, is that a violation of copyright? If not, then I will happily do that and Ogre miniatures will then forever be available. Kind of like Print on Demand for miniatures, literally.

Last edited by Ronnke; 02-19-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Ronnke is offline   Reply With Quote