Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-10-2013, 03:31 AM   #1481
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Okay, here's the deal, starting with the in-game part (to the degree that that can be separated from the out of game part)

Kane's sitting with Squire, and Michael's sitting with someone infernal. It's not clear to the PCs whether Michael or his Suit companion are aware of Squire. In my mind, though, it's pretty clear Michael does not know, and I have a very good reason why he does not know. Suit could still swing either way. Yes, I really do leave details like that open sometimes.

If Suit *does* know Squire's there, he has incentive to shut down the conversation between he and Kane...meaning he could conveniently win a roll to drop Kane out of his vessel. That leaves RocketMan off the hook but creates considerably more interesting obstacles for the party. The trick is it tips Suit's hand majorly, not to mention upsetting Michael the Archangel.

Out of character...RocketMan has some serious things to deal with. I've got report cards to do, but I'll survive. My sinus infection, stubborn bugger, may argue that point, but for now I'm okay. Mysteris is being his/her mysterious self i.e. hasn't posted in awhile but that's normal. Dalillama I haven't got a sense of. ladyarcana is wonderful as always, and Puck is unusually active, which I treasure (having been here from the start). I don't want to pause the whole thing, but we are headed towards the holidays...

I can have Suit dropkick Kane. I can have one of you temporarily play him. I can play him myself but I run a serious risk of railroading if I do. I can pause the main thread and do a flashback/side thing (that I'd need a couple days to cook up). Or I can pause the whole thing and use the creative energy to make the website pretty, and the characters can come back with a really sharp recollection of everything that's going on.

Let me know what your opinion of all that is.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #1482
ladyarcana55

I think we can keep going. I can always have Sunae bring Squire to the table with the rest of the group and Kane can have an emergency call he has to deal with
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #1483
tHEhERETIC

Not ignoring the thread, really. Just 1) had to do report cards tonight, and 2)the trouble with treating a sinus infection is that you feel it. When it builds it sneaks up on you so you don't really notice. When the medication suddenly takes all that gunk out of your bones, those bones tell you about it.

Give me about two days to catch up on rest and creative juices.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #1484
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Not ignoring the thread, really. Just 1) had to do report cards tonight, and 2)the trouble with treating a sinus infection is that you feel it. When it builds it sneaks up on you so you don't really notice. When the medication suddenly takes all that gunk out of your bones, those bones tell you about it.

Give me about two days to catch up on rest and creative juices.
Feel better soon! I've wrapped up school for the quarter so should be able to post more regularly.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #1485
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

As a side note to whomever takes Kane (if anyone). He will obey the orders he was given and he does want to make sure the group gets whatever information it needs -- but since he knows this guy was involved in the Tether attacks, Kane also plans to kill him as soon as his orders no longer apply, by whatever method comes to hand.

Nice guy, but still a Malakite.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #1486
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
As a side note to whomever takes Kane (if anyone). He will obey the orders he was given and he does want to make sure the group gets whatever information it needs -- but since he knows this guy was involved in the Tether attacks, Kane also plans to kill him as soon as his orders no longer apply, by whatever method comes to hand.

Nice guy, but still a Malakite.
Much thanks, but...well I'd PM but I'm leaving open who handles Kane for now. How "involved" is a killing offense?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #1487
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Much thanks, but...well I'd PM but I'm leaving open who handles Kane for now. How "involved" is a killing offense?
"Suffer not an evil to live if it's my choice ..."

He'll obey orders and he won't take foolish chances (since that would increase the likelihood of this guy surviving) or spoil the play of his teammates (since that means it's not his choice). But unless his role was completely incidental and/or he's seeking out Redemption, this guy was part of an attack on Heavenly turf that cost Vessels and maybe lives. That doesn't put him on the cards and flowers list for a Malakite

That said, if the guy is mortal rather than demonic, that may trigger another of Kane's oaths: "I will not use lethal force against a human who has not done the same." But I'm not getting that impression.

If he's Ethereal ... that falls in the "need more information before striking" camp. But he's not going to forget the attack and he's going to be very attentive as to what exactly this guy did.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 12-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #1488
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
As a side note to whomever takes Kane (if anyone).
I'm willing to have a go at it. Sorry I've not said anything in a while, but my understanding of where people are has Glen not at the site of the current 'action'.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #1489
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
I'm willing to have a go at it. Sorry I've not said anything in a while, but my understanding of where people are has Glen not at the site of the current 'action'.
Because Glen's smart that way.

As I understand it...hmmm, how to draw a picture....

Glen, hanging out
Ryuki trying not to panic and flee, or to get drunk enough not to care
Corat

(that's one table)

two 'mysterious' chess players

the bar, featuring

Sunae.........Squire.......Kane.

The fool went and let himself get flanked.

...and yes, I've lost track of Remiel again.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 12-19-2013 at 04:11 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #1490
Puck

Hey, just wanted to let people know I'll be out of town for the holiday until the 27th and will have limited net access. I hope everyone has a great holiday!
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine