Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-13-2007, 03:20 AM   #91
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Art for games

Here is a police version of the Firebat. It doesn't have a snappy name.
Mark Skarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #92
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Here is the Puma Artillery Walker. It's part of the same group as the Firebat.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #93
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

After a discussion where MonkeyFist mentioned the KOS-MOS-y-ness of Blue Fire, I re-thought her and made this image. My sister, Ravengriff, on the other hand has pointed out the undeniable fact that "she needs pants." This has also lead to her dubbing Blue Fire "Drafty."

MonkeyFist made the drones behind her because my drones kept winding up looking like Roberto (the stabby robot) from Futurama. Or, at least his head which caused me many hours of laughter when I realized what I had done. He based the drones off of Tau Drones from Warhammer 40,000 (of which I cannot find a good link to) as those would be the miniatures we used to represent them when playing.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #94
Blood Legend

That site with the funky moonspeak after Storn's picture posts. I'm to assume those are the standard "Dont copy my stuff rawr legal action, creative use, cant sell my stuff rawr again" rights?

Just so I know o-o

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #95
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Basically, you can use his stuff as long as you say where you got it from. But, you can't use it in commercial applications (sell it) without his written consent. There is a lot more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #96
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
Here's a Strike Cruiser that MonkeyFist did on Friday (Some other shots). And its fighters launching (rear shot).

I've dubbed it the Eternal but MonkeyFist hasn't given it a name yet. He kept telling me it was supposed to be a small ship . . . but I finally cured him of that delusion.

He is soooooooo much better at vehicles than I am. In the time it took me to build the Firebat's leg, he built the fighters and their cradles.
All three of those fighter shots look VERY influenced by the Klingon Bird-Of-Prey in style, shape and color.

- Ed Charlton
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:39 AM   #97
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoltar
All three of those fighter shots look VERY influenced by the Klingon Bird-Of-Prey in style, shape and color.
Well, the only reason they're that color is because that's the only skin he has for the core vessel, and he's not too keen on building an entire new skin for them. So, green they are.

Style and shape: yes, he has been calling them his "bird of prey" fighters, but as for color, they're green because that's the color they need to be to stylistically match the mothership (MonkeyFist is red/green color-blind).
Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #98
Storn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
Basically, you can use his stuff as long as you say where you got it from. But, you can't use it in commercial applications (sell it) without his written consent. There is a lot more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell.
Mark has succinctly stated it.

Basically, if you want to swipe my art to use for a character at the gaming table to show your group... go right ahead. Take it with my blessings. If you are making money somehow from my artwork, like putting into a PDF, that is illegal and I will be unhappy.

If you want to put it up on a website, that is cool too, as long as you are not making money from that website directly through the use of my images and I get credit for doing the art... so folks can find my website, my work... and hopefully hire me.

If you have a scheme to make money using my images, come and talk to me... believe me, I wanna make money at my art and getting use out of art that I already have? Awesome.
Storn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #99
Storn

Big fantasy art dump

First up, been playing in a Burning Wheel fantasy game, all elves (as in the two PCs are elves). There is a recap link: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=306701

This is Jeff's PC, Prince Airen, heir to the White Citadel and the student to my character.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...AirenloRes.jpg

This is my character, Elabrin Tanis, a humble sword-singer, famous in a civil war and know younger race sympathizer. Who gets trapped into politics way beyond his ken.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...TanisloRes.jpg

Cham is a Black Rock villager. Cham is the human that Prince Airen tried to teach the Song of Bonding to...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35.../ChamloRes.jpg

Next is Alana, our fiery redheaded ax amazon who almost did in Elabrin Tanis first session. Thought she needed a picture. She kinda disappeared in this session after the fight between the Black Duchess and Prince Airen. However, her experiences at the Black Citadel court... it will be interesting to see how she filters that as she goes back to Ar-Tor to reclaim her small remaining tribe. I'm sure we will see her again.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...AlanaloRes.jpg

Oops. Missed one. Can only do 4 images in one post. Here is the fifth.

And lastly, ah... what can I say. Savana, the Black Duchess herself. Elabrin fell right back in love with her, his swordmistress, teacher and mistress of his heart. And more... but I'll let Judd spin out the tale further before commenting. Such a flawed character, such a catalyst for disaster... she was really the engine that drove this session. I really darkened up her lines in Photoshop to reflect that Black thematic. I think I nailed her personality down in this pic, I'm really happy with this one.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...avanaloRes.jpg

Lastly, a character concept commission for a wizard who has been changed and his mutated hedgehog. This was a fun one to do.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...ostinloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Storn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 AM   #100
sgtcallistan

Storn, those chara sketches are good stuff.

The map looked about like the ones I do though, so that evens things up...
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art