Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #841
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Part 5 (yes, we're still going!) of Neo-Rationalism, detailing the core esoteric style of Neo-Rationalism, which grants practitioners exceptional insights into the workings of the physical universe and foresight enough to outplan one's opponents.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #842
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Were you planning to do a write-up for the Heuristics technique?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #843
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Were you planning to do a write-up for the Heuristics technique?
It's a published technique in Powers: the Weird, so I don't feel it appropriate to republish. Though I should probably note that.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #844
Humabout

What does Heuristics do?

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #845
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
What does Heuristics do?
It's a Technique of Philosophy, with a prerequisite of Illuminated. It helps you discover unknown truths, or reach moral decisions.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #846
Mailanka

Part 6 of Neo-Rationalism, it turns out that not everyone agrees with Neo-Rationalism! This post introduces three schisms in Neo-Rationalism, including lenses for the original Neo-Rational style.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #847
Mailanka

Part 7 (We're almost done) of Neo-Rationalism: Neo-Rational Disciplines! Today, I look into martial arts (Combat Geometrics), "civil arts" (Psycho-Social Analytics) and psionic styles (the Art of Noise) associated with Neo-Rationalism
Old 09-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #848
lwcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Part 7 (We're almost done) of Neo-Rationalism: Neo-Rational Disciplines! Today, I look into martial arts (Combat Geometrics), "civil arts" (Psycho-Social Analytics) and psionic styles (the Art of Noise) associated with Neo-Rationalism
Under "Lateral vector cascade" it days "any critical success means all further attacks are critical misses" - I'm trying to, err, rationalize why this happens, but am coming up blank. Why does just happening to shoot someone where it really hurts mean your next attacks make your gun jam or hit your friends?

Luke
lwcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #849
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
Under "Lateral vector cascade" it days "any critical success means all further attacks are critical misses" - I'm trying to, err, rationalize why this happens, but am coming up blank. Why does just happening to shoot someone where it really hurts mean your next attacks make your gun jam or hit your friends?

Luke
It should read "any critical failure means all remaining attacks are critical failures." It's standard whirlwind attack rules for guns, summarized.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:32 AM   #850
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post

Luke
Its a consequence of using whirlwind attack, and it should say "critical miss", as per page 30 of gun Fu. Personally, I'm hoping to drop the weapon before I do anything terrible. I'm a super gun slinger, so I presumably have fast draw and another weapon.

EDIT: Ninja!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack