Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #71
Figleaf23
Banned

Default Re: Gurps Modern Folks

Nice templates, Danukian.

Last edited by Figleaf23; 06-03-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #72
Danukian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
Nice templates, Danukian.
Why, Thank you - and Thanks for the base line they were built off!

Here's another Pump lens:

Quote:
Boy Scout/Girl Scout [25 points]

Add a further 6 points, with a maximum of 2 points in any one skill, among: Animal Handling, Area Knowledge, Astronomy, Boating, Bow, Cartography, Climbing, First Aid, Fishing, Geography (Physical), Hiking, Housekeeping, Knot Tying, Navigation, Observation, Riding, Swimming, and Weather Sense.
Guns (Rifle) and Guns (Shotgun) would be appropriate for most regions for a Boy Scout, the sports version in most setting, but many Vietnam era snipers claimed to have learned to shoot in the Boy Scouts before joining the military.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #73
Not

In Para-professional, change Bad Sight [-25] to Bad Sight (mitigator) [-10].
Not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #74
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukian View Post
Guns (Rifle) and Guns (Shotgun) would be appropriate for most regions for a Boy Scout, the sports version in most setting, but many Vietnam era snipers claimed to have learned to shoot in the Boy Scouts before joining the military.
I wondered about that, because it would not be the case in here in Canada. Nevertheless, I have adjusted the Lens to reflect this for appropriate jurisdictions.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 AM   #75
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
I wondered about that, because it would not be the case in here in Canada. Nevertheless, I have adjusted the Lens to reflect this for appropriate jurisdictions.
I can confirm that it's definitely the case in the USA - I learned to shoot a rifle (and had the option of learning to shoot a shotgun, but never had enough money for the ammo) at Boy Scout Camp when I was like 12, while growing up (to be a dirty hippie, largely due to the values I picked up in the Boy Scouts) in the state with the tightest gun control and least gun-friendly culture out of the 50.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #76
aesir23

Librarian (25 pts)

ST 9 (-10) DX 10 IQ 11 (20) HT 10

Advantages: 10 Points from Eidetic Memory (5), Acute Hearing (2/level), Appearance (Attractive) (4), Academic (5/level), Allure (5/level), Antiquary (5/level), Computer Wizard (5/level), Classic Appearance (Sexy Librarian (1), Extra Perception (5/level), Occultist (10/level), Sage (10/level)

Disadvantages: -10 Points from: Bad Sight (Mitigator) (-10), Bad Temper (-10), Curious (-5), Loner (-5), Oblivious (-5), Reduced Perception (-5), Reduced Will (-5), Shyness (-5), Secret (Serious Embarassment) (-5), Wealth (Struggling) (-10)

Skills: Administration IQ (2), Computer Operation IQ (1), Expert Skill (Library Science) IQ (4), Research (IQ +1) (4). 4 points in any of: Administration, Connoisseur (Literature), Connoisseur (Rare and Collectible Texts), Connoisseur (Books and Book-binding), Expert Skill (Any), Literature, Research.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #77
aesir23

Cosplayer (25)

ST 10 DX 10 IQ 10 HT 10

Advantages: 15 points from: Appearance (Attractive or Beautiful) (4 or 12), Artificer (5/level), Dabbler (Any) (1), Fashion Sense (5), Gifted Artist (5/Level), High Manual Dexterity (5/Level), Photogenic (1), Reputation (Internet Celebrity: Recognized Sometimes, Small Group of people) (1/level), Sexy Pose (1), Versatile (5).

Disadvantages: -10 points from: Enemy (Obsessed Fan/Stalker) (Varies), Distinctive Features (Hair Color, Tattoos, Style of Dress, Etc...) (-1), Fat (-3 or -5), Imaginative (-1), Loves (X media franchise) (-1), Obsession (Perfectly Duplicate Costumes from Media) (-5), Overweight (-1), Skinny (-5), Wealth (Struggling) (-10)

Skills: Sewing DX +1 (4) and One of Hobby (Comic Books) IQ (1), Hobby (Video Games), Hobby (RPGs), or Hobby (Film and Television) IQ (1). 15 Points chosen from: Artist (Clothing Design), Artist (Drawing), Carousing Computer Operation, Connoisseur (One of Film, Graphic Storytelling, Collectible Figurines, etc...), Current Events (Popular Culture), Hobby Skill (Any, but particularly Comic Books, Video Games, ), Jeweler, Leather-working, Photography, Professional Skill (Model), Research, Sewing, Writing (Optional Specialty: Blogging)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #78
aesir23

New Pump Lens

Studious 25 points
You are a perfect student, both gifted and hard working. You probably get straight 'A's or better and learn very effectively.

IQ +1 and 5 points from: Dabbler (Any) (1), Efficient (Research) (1), Focused (Studying) (1), Less Sleep (2/level), Single Minded (5), Research IQ +1 (4), Speed Reading IQ +1 (4)

Taboo Traits: Addiction, Compulsive Carousing, Lecherousness, Laziness.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #79
Danukian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not View Post
In Para-professional, change Bad Sight [-25] to Bad Sight (mitigator) [-10].
Thank you, changed it in Assistant Principal as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
New Pump Lens

Studious 25 points
You are a perfect student, both gifted and hard working. You probably get straight 'A's or better and learn very effectively.

I'm curious as to what school had over-achieving/driven students with Addiction as a taboo trait? In my experience, addiction to Psychostimulants (like Adderal, Dexedrine and Ritalin) are common enough among the top students to keep it from being a taboo trait (but not so common as to make it an obvious choice I'd notice missing from the lens if it wasn't pointed out), and those that don't abuse them almost universally have Addiction (Caffeine) during the school year.
Danukian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #80
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Studious 25 points

IQ +1 and 5 points from: Dabbler (Any) (1), Efficient (Research) (1), Focused (Studying) (1), Less Sleep (2/level), Single Minded (5), Research IQ +1 (4), Speed Reading IQ +1 (4)

+1 on removing Taboo: Addiction, for the reasons Danukian listed. I'd definitely take out Lecherousness, too - Plenty of very studious but healthy and young kids rip each others' clothing off in various laboratories, libraries, media centers, etc every day, and it probably improves productivity in the long run by getting it out of their systems in a few minutes instead of wasting a whole all-nighter on flirting. Also, I'd add Eidetic Memory (Regular) as an option for the 5 discretionary points; that's how I punched way above my weight without trying very hard all through school.

Last edited by Gold & Appel Inc; 06-13-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
occupational templates