Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
joshualevy

Default GURPS Adventures easy to port to a Mythic American Indian setting

Does anyone have any pointers to GURPS Adventures which would be easy to port to a Mythic American Indian setting? The adventures can be free or commercial, all I care about is that they use the GURPS rules (prefer 4th edition), and the adventure itself is easy to retarget to a low tech, native American setting.

By Mythic American Indian, I mean that magic does exist, so it is sort of "arrows and shamans" rather than "swords and sorcery".

Obviously, I'm not looking for a classic dungeon crawl. Something in a village, or maybe a horror adventure, or low-tech merchant, exploration, etc.

Joshua Levy
joshualevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: GURPS Adventures easy to port to a Mythic American Indian setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualevy View Post
Does anyone have any pointers to GURPS Adventures which would be easy to port to a Mythic American Indian setting? The adventures can be free or commercial, all I care about is that they use the GURPS rules (prefer 4th edition), and the adventure itself is easy to retarget to a low tech, native American setting.

By Mythic American Indian, I mean that magic does exist, so it is sort of "arrows and shamans" rather than "swords and sorcery".

Obviously, I'm not looking for a classic dungeon crawl. Something in a village, or maybe a horror adventure, or low-tech merchant, exploration, etc.

Joshua Levy
I don't know of anything other than GURPS Classic: Old West - but I'm a part Cherokee and my grandfather used to tell me all kinds of stories. I even posted one here. What are you most interested in, specifically?

For the game itself you're going to need Low-Tech(and its Companions), Martial Arts, the book for whatever magic system you're going to use*, and maybe Horror for supernatural critters.

* If I were you (and not because I am a advocate of it), I'd use ritual path magic with Ritual Magic as the core skill to represent various magic-workers. Then spend character points to buy a ritual path magic-only Energy Reserve (1 CP = 25 mana) to cast spells. Since in most tales medicine aka energy usually has a finite amount unless you have a spirit Patron. I'd completely disallow Ritual Adept except maybe with the limitation "Only to tap sources, 80%."

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote