Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #2331
Mysteris

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Nicole professionally-ignores the conversation between Remiel and Glen. After typing at Ryuki and getting no answer, she tries his friend Wyatt. A text message assures her that "Remielle" is good people. She smiles, welcoming. "Go on in, Remielle. I'm sorry about the confusion; we were expecting you to bring your pet."
The host smiled. "Thank you!" And with that she was off to see Ryuki! She walked right into the office and waved. "Hi! Sorry we're late, there was a bit of a mix-up. What did we miss?"
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #2332
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"We can't assume anything, And if that...thing is a Discord whatever, then he is sane and truly believes what he is saying. We don't know who is listening and what they are going to do. Besides, how did he get those names anyway? How did he know which side holds those areas?"
He has to think on that. "Well, San Francisco and Melbourne are common knowledge. Busan and Mainz, not so much. Don't know how they got those names.

"As for what they'll do? Granted we made a little noise in L.A., but they'll be forever cleaning that up--neither side wants the War to be known. It's for that reason I think we can rule out a frontal attack. It'll be folks like you and I defending against something subtle. I'll send the word up to Michael through Nisroc, and we'll prepare for it." The War is an old thing to him, whatever his other thoughts on the matter, and his reaction is more business than fear.

"Maybe we can talk about this Tuesday at Ryuki's office? He might have heard something."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-24-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: getting us to the same day
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #2333
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He has to think on that. "Well, San Francisco and Melbourne are common knowledge. Busan and Mainz, not so much. Don't know how they got those names.

"As for what they'll do? Granted we made a little noise in L.A., but they'll be forever cleaning that up--neither side wants the War to be known. It's for that reason I think we can rule out a frontal attack. It'll be folks like you and I defending against something subtle. I'll send the word up to Michael through Nisroc, and we'll prepare for it." The War is an old thing to him, whatever his other thoughts on the matter, and his reaction is more business than fear.

"Maybe we can talk about this Tuesday at Ryuki's office? He might have heard something."
"I still think you guys aren't taking this as seriously as it should be. We're talking a potential intel breach. But, whatever. See you then"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #2334
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"I still think you guys aren't taking this as seriously as it should be. We're talking a potential intel breach. But, whatever. See you then"
Corat, just outside the office building, spots Sunae. "Rest assured the proper parties have been warned. Mainz and Busan both have strong tethers to Laurence, and of all the Host he's taking this the most seriously. People are in place speaking of honor and sacrifice at the U.N. Memorial and worship at the Mainz Cathedral. Blandine's people are stepping up their game here and in Mainz and Melbourne, and everyone here is doing their very best to shore up the Words associated with the tethers.

"As for an intel breach, you can hardly hide a cathedral, or a U.N. cemetery, or a children's' hospital. Secret tethers are pretty rare. Heck, Ruby did us a favor a little while ago by having her minions loiter around the angels in L.A. We have a sense of what they know and what they don't.

"In a sense this rumor is doing us a favor--goosing the more complacent angels to do their parts, and tipping their hand that something may be up. Thank you, truly.

"Now, shall we go see what our little friend is up to?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-26-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #2335
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Now, shall we go see what our little friend is up to?"
Sunae accepts his explanation and walks in with him, but Cort would notice that she stays a couple of steps behind him and will not walk with him. When they stop, she keeps her distance
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #2336
Puck

Quote:
Ryuki saw his message board--more guests including some group named "Remmy". He typed back to ask for more information. With Mitch and Dennis he'd have to speed things along.

He looks down his nose at both of them, and intones, "Memini me nescit quid ex parte. Ego causam, mihi pene ludo."

((If Mitch speaks Latin--and neither he nor I remember whether he does, he'll understand this: Remember he does not know what side I'm on. I will be reasonable, but I have to play the prick. ))

Dennis, mistaking this for a spell, becomes bold. "I'm an angel now. You can't bind me, you can't summon me, you can't hurt me."

The opening he wanted. "Can't hurt you, huh? Ask Mitch about me not being able to hurt angels. And you a Cherub? How is Bruce, anyway?" Dennis bristles, and Ryuki basks in his discomfort. "But I've got no beef with you. We made a deal, you paid, we're good. And it sounds like we've got a common enemy. I have an idea..."
Mitch nods in response to Ryuki's latin and looks over at Dennis "He's a hard barganer, but mostly trustworthy. For most things you can deal with him in fair faith." He looks curious as to Ryuki's idea.

Last edited by Puck; 03-27-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #2337
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods in response to Ryuki's latin and looks over at Dennis "He's a hard barganer, but mostly trustworthy. For most things you can deal with him in fair faith." He looks curious as to Ryuki's idea.
"'Most things' he says." He's playing at being offended, but clearly playing. He leans in to Dennis. "Do you know what he can do? Do you know what a Trade angel can find out just by talking about trade?" He lets Dennis' imagination play with that. "Uh-huh, that's why..."

His little witticism is cut off by Remiel barging in, narrowly missing bowling him over. It's a good thing her vessel is that of a smaller woman...uh-oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris View Post
She walked right into the office and waved. "Hi! Sorry we're late, there was a bit of a mix-up. What did we miss?"
On recovering from the near-miss Ryuki finds himself distracted. Rather than the open suspicion he'd give a male barging in like that, he's a bit friendlier. "Have... we met?"

Quote:
Sunae accepts his explanation and walks in with him, but Cort would notice that she stays a couple of steps behind him and will not walk with him. When they stop, she keeps her distance.
Nicole, familiar with 'Wyatt', waves them both in. Corat catches the door before it closes. "Take a closer look there, buddy."

Ryuki responds with a curled lip. "One of yours, huh? What a shame." And to Remielle, "Sit down, dear." He notices Sunae coming in and invites her with a bow, pulling out another chair even though he knows damn well she's unlikely to take it. "Well, well. That's most of you. Is that you in there, cowboy?" he address Remiel again.

"We all know who Ruby is, right? And we all know how I don't feel about her? Well, Dennis and his angel friend here want something to appease her, and Glen here is about to receive her phone call. Not sure what about, except for the whole 'your angel-hugging stool pigeon friend' part. She wants to talk to you...I figure we can work together, make this profitable for all of us."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 04-06-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Glen is already in the room
Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #2338
Puck

Quote:
"We all know who Ruby is, right? And we all know how I don't feel about her? Well, Dennis and his angel friend here want something to appease her, and Glen here is about to receive her phone call. Not sure what about, except for the whole 'your angel-hugging stool pigeon friend' part. She wants to talk to you...I figure we can work together, make this profitable for all of us."
Mitch glances over at Glen "I was unaware that she had contacted you. What about if you don't mind me asking?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #2339
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch glances over at Glen "I was unaware that she had contacted you. What about if you don't mind me asking?"
"It's news to me, too. Ryuki, I assume you have a reason to suppose that she's planning to contact me?"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #2340
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ryuki responds with a curled lip. "One of yours, huh? What a shame." And to Remielle, "Sit down, dear." He notices Sunae coming in and invites her with a bow, pulling out another chair even though he knows damn well she's unlikely to take it. "Well, well. That's most of you. Is that you in there, cowboy?" he address Remiel again.
And indeed she does not. She does not even notice he did that, she has turned and walked to a corner of the office and stands with her back to it, and everyone in her view.

Quote:
"Wait."

Sunae looks at the stranger, (Remiel's latest host) and Dennis, (whom she has not met)

"I don't know you two. Who are you and why are you here?"

Tags
in nomine