Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
sabanknight

Default Gurps Supers questions and character design

I run a Gurps supers game and needed help with how to do a specific power mechanicly. He wants to be able to absorb peoples memories or aquire their skills I was planning on only allowing him to keep them temporairly. Any thoughts on how I should do this power are welcome.

Second is a shape shifter which we have worked out the mechanics however in GCA4 how do I list the shape shifters abilities so that they are aplied at their 90% rate and as a sub to the shape shifter ability.
sabanknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Anthony

Default Re: Gurps Supers questions and character design

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabanknight View Post
I run a Gurps supers game and needed help with how to do a specific power mechanicly. He wants to be able to absorb peoples memories or aquire their skills I was planning on only allowing him to keep them temporairly. Any thoughts on how I should do this power are welcome.
Modular Ability (Skills) plus a bunch of Mind Reading and Mind Probe.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
MagiMaster

I think the easiest way to do a shapeshifter is to use a second character sheet. I suppose it'd be possible to apply custom "Only in alternate form x0.9" modifiers, but it could get confusing.
MagiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
sabanknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMaster View Post
I think the easiest way to do a shapeshifter is to use a second character sheet. I suppose it'd be possible to apply custom "Only in alternate form x0.9" modifiers, but it could get confusing.
Thats what we are doing at the moment but his alternate form is 300 points and with its own set of disadvantages from split personality. this can be difficult to lug around both expecially when it comes to character additions from points having to change things twice.
sabanknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gca4, supers