Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 05-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #31
Quaff_fu

Default Re: Munchkin Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepleSS
Yeah Fu, I'm intrested in that to, maybe I shall share some of my ideas on this forum as well...

Like to see some of your stuff. I was actually working on a Munchkin Quest board game. But now that SJG is coming out with one, it’s point less to spend the time finishing it. I’ll e-mail the Munchkin Hero Quest fusion game information to both of you, because if I post it and you don’t have the HQ game with all those neat miniatures, you willn't understand what I’m taking about.

Pat
Quaff_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #32
mini-munchkin

I hadn't logged on to the forums or the munchkin website for quite a while and today i log on and see that Munchkin Quest is in production!! What an amazingly awesome idea. I'm actually really giddy about this. Ever since someone mentioned the idea of a Munchkin board game several months ago I have thought about how cool that would be but never thought it would actually happen. This will be so sweet!!

I know the specifics arent out yet and forgive me if this has already been asked but do we think the munchkin card games will be used in conjunction with Quest??
Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #33
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-munchkin
Ever since someone mentioned the idea of a Munchkin board game several months ago I have thought about how cool that would be but never thought it would actually happen.

What would be cooler is if they did a Fu and Bites board game too. Then combine the games together.

Pat

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 05-23-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: after thought
Old 05-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #34
DeDiceManCometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaff_fu
There are Prototype Images of the game posted at http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/munchkinquest/ now.

Pat
Something that comes to mind looking at the photos...If the door pieces are going to be cardboard stand-ups, the PC pieces should be minis. With lots of doors everywhere, it'll get a bit fiddly moving pieces around. Hero Quest and the older dungeon-crawl games, if I remember, had bigger rooms relative to the door size, so reaching in and positioning the pieces wasn't a headache -- but the pictures of Munchkin Quest look crowded. A big board with lots of doors?....don't want to waste time arighting knocked over doors.

My two cents.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #35
Gawain

The doors fit into slots on the floor tiles on those pics, so I think it would be hard to knock them over. In any case, if you haven't already, go answer the survey about the game and voice your opinion about for instance plastic vs cardboard pieces.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #36
Wizuriel

I'm really liking the look of the prototype pictures. It looks munchkiny in the way they handle the board game and stuff. Also having the tiles and stuff leaves it open for expansions for the flavor munchkins :D (comeon munchkin haunted house / bites expansion for the quest :p)
Wizuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #37
Quaff_fu

Now that Munchkin Quest is going to the printers, there is some new improved Room images

http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/munc...img/rooms2.jpg

and sample cards.

http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/munc.../img/cards.jpg

Pat
Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #38
Arukoto

hmmm august is a long wait... but it keeps the summer sun from shining on my board if I ever would have it in the sun... well would be strange playing it outside, I mean sun in a dungeon WTF(Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or...) ...

it looks good, would be better with bigger sample pictures, but them are nice
Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #39
Kwakkie

First review on Boardgamegeek: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/324437
Kwakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #40
MunchkinMan

Quite a single-sided review. I feel that most game reviews need to be written by two people, one who enjoyed the game, one who didn't.

At the same time, I think that a review written by someone who's already a Munchkin detractor is not a good thing.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote