Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #71
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Can we have a powerstone quirk thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
There aren't enough people involved for it to be worth Kromm's time. Everybody else can go back to thinking up Powerstone Quirks.
As I said before Mana Pool and Mana Vortex point the way to the solution. For either to work per RAW there must be some part of the Powerstone enchantment that is independent of any mana level over No mana.

Of course if Paul Talismans are an option then any wizard with any degree of sense will have these on his person.

They "charge" much faster than Powerstones without the mana pool quirk in low mana areas. Based on the RAW all the doses (energy points) are available at the end of the "recharge" period making these things more useful than all but the smallest powerstones.

Being able to use a 6 energy (dose) Paul Talisman every 1.42 days (~34 hours) is a lot better than waiting around 6 days for your 6 Energy Powerstone to fully recharge.

Ideally I would limit Paul Talismans to high level cinematic campaigns because they are effectively munchkin material by the RAW.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:12 AM   #72
coronatiger

Once, the GM let my wizard character find a huge powerstone with possibly hundreds of energy. When used, the powerstone inflicted Megalomania. Much to the GM's disappointment, I gave it away unused. We only learned about this "quirk" once the new owner started using it.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #73
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I previously mentioned a powerstone that had to be soaked in a liquid in order to function. Here are some "fun" liquids to require:
  • blood
  • milk
  • ink
  • ichor
  • lard
  • honey
  • alcohol
  • oil
  • spit
  • pus
  • snake venom
  • fresh sea water
  • fresh well water

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #74
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I previously mentioned a powerstone that had to be soaked in a liquid in order to function. Here are some "fun" liquids to require:
  • blood
  • milk
  • ink
  • ichor
  • lard
  • honey
  • alcohol
  • oil
  • spit
  • pus
  • snake venom
  • fresh sea water
  • fresh well water
An idea i had for how items are recharged in Dungeon Fantasy is the "powerstones" there all have the quirk "must be soaked in paut elixir to access recharged energy".
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enchantment, magic, powerstones