Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #71
ISNorden

Default Re: Interpreting the Real World for IN

Given the "cocaine psychosis" allegation, I'm betting on a Shedite of Drugs who somehow acquired a Need for human flesh. (Discord manifests in some seriously twisted ways with that Band...)
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #72
Phoenix42

Oh Jean, you really have to work on your subtlety...

http://www.gmx.net/themen/wissen/men...litz-getroffen

(video is in German, but basically, people at the beach in Saudi Arabia, when... yeah...)
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #73
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
Oh Jean, you really have to work on your subtlety...

http://www.gmx.net/themen/wissen/men...litz-getroffen

(video is in German, but basically, people at the beach in Saudi Arabia, when... yeah...)
"... I SAID, 'Don't touch that rock!'"
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #74
Phoenix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azel View Post
"... I SAID, 'Don't touch that rock!'"
*heh*
I think the Outcast Kyriotate of Lightning who was hiding in the rock got the worst sort of celestial intervention on her stealth attempt while waiting for her infernal contact.

"of course I'm worthy of serving Saminga... I'll show that stuck-up Balseraph, that family won't even know what hit them... I'll just posess this stone and AAAAAARRHHHHHHGGGGGG!"
Old 06-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #75
robkelk
Untitled

Over on Bob Schroeck's forums, we play a game called Crossovers That Should Not Be. "Azunth" came up with this one: "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic / In Nomine"

Quote:
In one corner, Pinkie Pie, party pony and Element of Laughter. Humor used to banish fear, sustain through suffering and hardship. The simple act of cheering people up. In the other corner, Kobal, Demon Prince of Dark Humor. Laughter that lets people ignore and enjoy the suffering of others, rather than their own. Every cruel joke at the expense of another. Their eyes narrow with instinctive hate, knowing that the words they bear are anathema to one another.

This is no prank war. This is a deadly serious battle over the fate of all funny business. Be careful what you laugh at- you might just tip the balance in a way you don't expect.
So why am I posting this in this thread? Maybe Nybbas and Kobal have had a recent falling-out, and the show is Media's way of taking a shot at Dark Humor... or maybe somebody's finally broken a chink in Nybbas' control over his own Word by making a show with an anti-Kobol element a smash hit...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 06-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #76
William

My Little Pony: Friendship is Sorcery.

The sheer amount of fan energy hurled at the show has almost certainly created an Ethereal Domain of Equestria, but it's not likely to last long beyond the show's run. Nor are the characters likely to be allowed openly on Earth any time soon by Heaven, and they just don't strike me as being amenable to any but the best-disguised proposals from Hell. It is entirely plausible, then, that some enterprising Sorcerers would propose that the Mane Six stabilize themselves by binding as familiars. Power and security through friendship? Makes perfect sense!

The natural Affinities are Beasts (ponies) and their various Emotion strands, with Twilight taking Glamour or a similar Magic-like affinity. Dash would have an additional element of Speed, and Fluttershy's Beast strand is probably stronger than the others'. (No, I don't think Jordi would like her; she possesses an extremely humanized ideal of animal nature.) Whether the Elements of Harmony exist as artifacts is uncertain, though if they did I can easily see them as being kept by Blandine, to be requested for emergencies.

(Blandine, taking Celestia as an ethereal icon? Gee, can't at all imagine that, can I. ^_^ )
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #77
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

*giggles a lot*
Old 06-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #78
Phoenix42

this is so wrong...

and yet, strangely seductive...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #79
Omegonthesane

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
My Little Pony: Friendship is Sorcery.

The sheer amount of fan energy hurled at the show has almost certainly created an Ethereal Domain of Equestria, but it's not likely to last long beyond the show's run. Nor are the characters likely to be allowed openly on Earth any time soon by Heaven, and they just don't strike me as being amenable to any but the best-disguised proposals from Hell. It is entirely plausible, then, that some enterprising Sorcerers would propose that the Mane Six stabilize themselves by binding as familiars. Power and security through friendship? Makes perfect sense!

The natural Affinities are Beasts (ponies) and their various Emotion strands, with Twilight taking Glamour or a similar Magic-like affinity. Dash would have an additional element of Speed, and Fluttershy's Beast strand is probably stronger than the others'. (No, I don't think Jordi would like her; she possesses an extremely humanized ideal of animal nature.) Whether the Elements of Harmony exist as artifacts is uncertain, though if they did I can easily see them as being kept by Blandine, to be requested for emergencies.

(Blandine, taking Celestia as an ethereal icon? Gee, can't at all imagine that, can I. ^_^ )
Plus, they're all celebrating friendship and community, so it wouldn't even be a stretch for Stone to have opened negotiations behind the scenes.
Omegonthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #80
A Grue

Biker Gangs that go out of their way to give support and confidence to abused children? Looks like David's and Christopher's servitors teamed up:

BACA-Bikers Against Child Abuse
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop culture