Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #51
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: Interpreting the Real World for IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
Yup, I agree with Rocket Man; if this guy's a demon, then there's probably a lesson to be learned... Something like "don't use a third-rate geas to get hold of a new role. No. Really. Don't."

But with that name, I think he's an angel of Creation all right. And maybe when he said to the cops that he would "get even" he was in fact talking to the Shedite inhabiting the cop who busted him... The big question is: what choir is this guy?
Why Seraph, of course. He really does enjoy "eating," "standing," walking," "thinking," and "diamond." His name really is Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop. He's just got enough of a screw loose not to understand this whole 'role' thing. Discord: Overshare?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #52
Azel

*snort* Ofanim...

Crow Roof Tubing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP9Rn..._order&list=UL
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #53
Dalillama

This one sounds like a Shedite attack:
Naked arrest man blames 'joy riding' of his body
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #54
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

While this was clearly a Soldier pursued by an undead menace. Right?

http://www.examiner.com/zombie-in-de...p-was-a-zombie

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #55
Phoenix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
While this was clearly a Soldier pursued by an undead menace. Right?

http://www.examiner.com/zombie-in-de...p-was-a-zombie
Yup... but nicely executed on the part of the Death-Servitor, first freak the guy then send the cops after him... very neat, have to remember that one...
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #56
Acolyte

On a darker note, this certainly has some Angel of Teenaged Death, Demon of Suicide, and Malphas elements:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...teens-20120202
Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #57
tHEhERETIC

I see this guy every time I go into Seoul, especially the government districts. Angels watching over you indeed...
Old 02-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #58
tHEhERETIC

Now if you want some seriously creepy stuff, check out on of the many pages about the apparitions at Medjugorje. I stumbled across this reading some political blogs, but my mom was a follower for a long time (and still follows Bayside, I think. As you might imagine, she and I don't talk religion much.)

But this particular page brings up an interesting point: do messages from Heaven ever have mundane aspects? Do angels need deodorant, or laundry detergent, and if they use it does that make them any less angels?
Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #59
ISNorden

Kobal and Haagenti having their own brand of fun? (If you ask me, this place looks like Shared Tether material.)

http://news.yahoo.com/man-falls-ill-...195306231.html
Old 02-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #60
Phoenix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
this particular page brings up an interesting point: do messages from Heaven ever have mundane aspects? Do angels need deodorant, or laundry detergent, and if they use it does that make them any less angels?
Nice one, I'd completely forgotten about the Mary sightings... Regarding your questions, we've had a few discussions at our table as well, but I would be interested in knowing how others deal with the question of vessel anatomy. Angels don't need to eat, obviously. But in the case that they do, do they require bathroom facilities? Several adventures and worldbooks point out that angels have to be reminded to go to the bathroom by their soldiers - does this also go for when they are actually eating? They can get drunk and hung over (though most would agree they shouldn't), but do (without having to go into too much detail) their bodies detoxify (and their bladders therefore react) like those of humans? And more to the point, regarding deodorant - sweat as such is basically only salt water, and therefore odourless, it's the presence of decomposition chemicals that result from bodily chemistry (especially digestion and cell respiration) that make it smell. So the question is - if angels (and demons) eat, do they digest? And does their sweat smell? I apologise for the ickyness of the subject...

So far, I have been waiving the question by basically giving most vessels the Gurps Sanitized Metabolism [1]. But it does strain credulity, especially when the Vapula servitors show up for a meal...
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop culture