Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Trsevener

Default There Can Be Only One Super Munchkin And It's Me

Playing a game of fantasy Munchkin the other day I had a situation come up and I would like to know we resolved it correctly. I tried searching the forums, but the search-fu is not strong with this one.

I was a Super Munchkin Bard / Cleric. I played the card There Can Be Only One And It's Me on this combination.

Now the question - in this situation should it be:

1) There can be only one Bard if I place the card with this Class
2) There can be only one Cleric if I place the card with this Class
3) There can be only one Bard and only one Cleric if I place the card with the Super Munchkin card
4) There can be only one Bard / Cleric combination if I place the card with the Super Munchkin card

Nobody in the game had any other Bard or Cleric cards in play throughout the game so it did not really affect how the game played out, but I would like to know for the future.

As always, thanks in advance for the help.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.

Last edited by Trsevener; 03-29-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: There Can Be Only One Super Munchkin And It's Me

I think that the card is fairly clear that it can only be played on one Race or Class, not a Super Munchkin or Half-Breed combination with this quote (emphasis mine): "Put this card above and behind that Race or Class card." Super Munchkin and Half-Breed aren't Class or Race cards, so you can either lock Bard or Cleric, but not both.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
Trsevener

Default Re: There Can Be Only One Super Munchkin And It's Me

Thanks MM. That is a very important clarification that I completely overlooked while reading the card during the game. Your rule make perfect sense to me.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super munchkin, there can only be one