Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 11-02-2021, 07:57 PM   #61
Celti

Default Re: Did the forum change styles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
If the text colour is #000000, and the background colour of posts is #181200 (I am out of practice reading CSS) then webaim estimates the contrast ration as 1.12 and rates it insufficient https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ The old background colour #E8C54A gave a contrast ratio of 12.5 to 1 by the same source.
The text is #000000 and the background is #FFEDAE, for a perfectly acceptable contrast ratio of 17.97:1. #181200 is the background colour of the entire page body, as layered behind the crackled texture image.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:29 PM   #62
seaweedbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Heh :) I liked your first change better, but this still looks okay to me, and is preferable to the mustard yellow tones from before.
Same, i like the change the old look made me think of different types of mustards lol. Other forums I belong to have at least two color schemes for the forums.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #63
Whitestreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
For those that prefer the old look, I have made an exception and created a user-selectable style that mimics the old look. (Replacing some replaced textures with flat colors.)

To select this style, go into User Settings, then choose Edit Options from the list on the left. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom section of Miscellaneous Options. There you can go to the Forum Skin section and choose the Classic Forum Colors option from the drop down menu. Save your settings and you should be back to the old look.

I will continue adjusting the new look at a later time.
I agree with other commentators - thank you for the option to change back to the old style!
Whitestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:30 PM   #64
Johnny1A.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Aww... It looks okay. TTTT, I was getting tired of the old mustard background :)
Yeah, I kind of like it too. Not sure why, I just do. Something about it seems cheery.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:58 PM   #65
Blind Mapmaker

Quote:
For those that prefer the old look, I have made an exception and created a user-selectable style that mimics the old look. (Replacing some replaced textures with flat colors.)

To select this style, go into User Settings, then choose Edit Options from the list on the left. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom section of Miscellaneous Options. There you can go to the Forum Skin section and choose the Classic Forum Colors option from the drop down menu. Save your settings and you should be back to the old look.

I will continue adjusting the new look at a later time.
Thank you so much! I feel like the classic look should be the standard one, but personally this has made my already.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:17 AM   #66
Refplace

Quote:
Thank you for this!
It was better but still hurt my eyes, which are bad enough anyway so maybe it was mostly me. But the new format was going to require me to leave or at the least spend less time here.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:34 AM   #67
Parody

Here's a first take on using grays instead of yellows. It keeps the reds for forum navigation. I didn't try to replace the graphics used on the forum, so there's some yellow fringing and triangles. I don't think it's perfect, but I find it quite readable.

Gray Colors on the SJG Forums at userstyles.world and userstyles.org.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:34 AM   #68
Rupert

I'm torn - the new version of the new scheme is perfectly readable for me, but I'm used to the old one and I've always quite liked it. That it went against the fashion then (and always, I think) was and is a feature so far as I was/am concerned.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:00 AM   #69
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Ok folks, it's still a lighter theme, but I've tried to dial back the stark contrast in some of the other elements to make things more readable.

Any better?
A selected post and a non-selected post used to be differentiated much more noticeably by colour, now they're almost the same.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:52 AM   #70
Daigoro

Quote:
Or there's the Style Chooser box at the bottom left of any page.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote