Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #11
beetle496

Default Re: Did the forum change styles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Consider this the 'playtesting' phase, not the 'design' phase.
My apologies for the wall of text! The main problem is where you are asking people to read both black and white text over a brown. This happens with the navigation elements, so it is a significant impediment for many people with color vision deficiencies.

TLDR: please consider replacing
  • uses of this brown: CA9859
  • with hex: A36A00
Samples:
  1. black and white text on your current brown, showing that white on brown has poor contrast (2.57:1)
  2. black and white text on the brown I am recommending, showing good contrast for both black and white
  3. your brown vs the brown I am recommending, illustrating that they are close, 1.76:1
It might well be the case that, for site aesthetics, the brown I am recommending is too dark. In that case, I will suggest you aim for at least a 3:1 contrast ratio. You can get that from: CC8500
  1. black and white text on other this brown, white text on brown background is just over 3:1, and black text is almost 7:1.
  2. your brown vs this other brown, illustrating that they are very close, 1.17:1

Last edited by beetle496; 11-04-2021 at 06:52 PM.
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote