Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 10-30-2021, 04:49 AM   #1
Valiance

Default a bit much...

This is a starter post to try to get things going. I have been told you have to post a few times to be able to access basic functions. I want to open my user settings and edit my profile. But, since the spammers have ruined this opportunity for us in general, we have to resort to writing long winded posts about not being able to post. I don't want to do this on a forum thread, and I don't like running around naked, without my user settings properly adjusted. Therefore, I finally found a place to dump my frustrations of a new user and send a wall of text that hopefully gets someone important (i would try and put an S as the end, but that is improper grammar) attention and corrects the issue so those who join us in the future don't have to endure this same type of ridiculousness.

signed - a frustrated Noober.
Valiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:04 AM   #2
Farmer

Default Re: a bit much...

I'm curious as to what settings are so critical you couldn't just post whatever you wanted to say or ask etc. rather than this?

The above looks to be a fully functional post :-)
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:52 AM   #3
fwcain
Evil Game Master For Hire

Blame the spam-bots.
fwcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:14 PM   #4
Valiance

Well, It seems I am just having an adjustment issue to the formality. I wish, also, that I could delete that post. Really it is up to the mods to do as they please, it is after all, their server, not mine. Pardon me, while I go get back in my tinybox. I am grateful I was not ban hammered.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:10 PM   #5
Valiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
I'm curious as to what settings are so critical you couldn't just post whatever you wanted to say or ask etc. rather than this?

The above looks to be a fully functional post :-)
Settings that were critical I could not just post whatever I wanted to say or ask etc.

well, I have not idea, actually. I was just running around out here naked with my hair on fire due to not being able to go to my user settings for my profile and get properly dressed. If you would really like to know. You see, most forums let you dress your profile.. You can put on your icon, lace up your location, set your Time zone, etc. Nope. Not here. But, then again we all get to come into THIS forum nekked and whining about it, some more loudly than others I imagine. Kinda like the real world, I guess?
Old 10-30-2021, 08:33 PM   #6
Farmer

Honestly, I've never seen anyone whine about it before. They just post and at some point you can update your profile if you feel like it. I promise you don't get better or worse answers or discussion based on your profile.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:53 PM   #7
Valiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Honestly, I've never seen anyone whine about it before. They just post and at some point you can update your profile if you feel like it. I promise you don't get better or worse answers or discussion based on your profile.
Fair enough. I guess I did whine.