Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #311
Poonbahbah

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
I'm confirming that I have two places available in this game. Anyone interested please get in touch ASAP (in the thread or PM) with a character idea.
If your still recruiting I have an idea for a low TL world hoping Mage who's accumulated vast sums of wealth by travaling to strange new worlds and charging large sums of money to heal the sick, raise the dead and rejuvenate the old. Normal clients being wealthy kings, noblemen, and merchants. Often going back to worlds where he had good experiences. At least until he was directed to the western harbor where he's uses his connections to help bring raw materials to them to use.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #312
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
If your still recruiting I have an idea for a low TL world hoping Mage who's accumulated vast sums of wealth by travaling to strange new worlds and charging large sums of money to heal the sick, raise the dead and rejuvenate the old. Normal clients being wealthy kings, noblemen, and merchants. Often going back to worlds where he had good experiences. At least until he was directed to the western harbor where he's uses his connections to help bring raw materials to them to use.
Yes, I've still got a space available. The idea of a mage is fine (I'm going to have three on the team if you do join up), but I should point out the scale that the Western Harbour works at: the Harbour itself was built in forty nine days (check here for a sense of scale of what this included), and has over a dozen variants of universal constructor, replicators and so forth. Raw materials are largely drawn directly from asteroids and the like. Even food is mostly produced by pattern replication, though they do have farms and get regular shipments from Ursh (the third planet in the system). Add into that the other Harbours...

Basically, other than that last bit, which would probably exclude him from the regular field work, it looks good. If you want to modify the idea to fit or try a different one there is still currently a place available.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #313
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

How feasible is going over the wall instead of through it, and is the wall effective from both directions?
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #314
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How feasible is going over the wall instead of through it, and is the wall effective from both directions?
At present the SS have no definite idea of what the wall does or how easy it is to pass through. It might be some kind of really nasty spell-combo that immediately turns anyone passing through it into zombies. Or it might just materialise a large bucket of custard over your heads. Though that seems less likely. The wall itself comes out at about three metres high, and the force dome that the Blazen have errected doesn't reach all the way down to the ground, so there's a bit of leeway there. But there's nothing mundane immediately available there to use for getting over it without some improvisation involving things like the roofs of trucks and the like.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #315
Poonbahbah

Sorry for the delay.

Spoiler:  

To much text... had to break it up into two posts.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 09-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #316
Poonbahbah

Spoiler:  

Being fabulously wealthy has it's perks. I'm thinking of him as sorta like the Iron Man of Mages. Mostly due to his gear being the thing that makes him so powerful. Hope you approve of him. Though I'm sure I could come up with something else eventually if you don't.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #317
Totem

Quote:
Being fabulously wealthy has it's perks. I'm thinking of him as sorta like the Iron Man of Mages. Mostly due to his gear being the thing that makes him so powerful. Hope you approve of him. Though I'm sure I could come up with something else eventually if you don't.
That description does kind of fit for him. I give you fair notice: I will forget some of these modifiers that you're getting from equipment and the like. If you don't remind me about them in good time and I don't remember them, they may not be counted. I wouldn't say that normally, but there's an awful lot of them to remember...

With this, pending someone submitting a really impressive character sheet, I'm closing recruiting again. John Smith and Jorin Slade will be joining the game as soon as it becomes reasonable to slot them in (which will be when the current section is finished).
Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #318
Poonbahbah

Quote:
He calls back to the Western Harbour, announcing the need for some kind of help and explaining the situation (taken out at least some of the Blazen forces, but not exactly able to deal with the rest right away, could need backup). The response, after a few seconds of delay, is that help is on the way.
After I read this here I thought my entrance was gonna be helping to save the day. Then I read the last sentence of the next quote and went, "Ahhh, guess not."

Quote:
That description does kind of fit for him. I give you fair notice: I will forget some of these modifiers that you're getting from equipment and the like. If you don't remind me about them in good time and I don't remember them, they may not be counted. I wouldn't say that normally, but there's an awful lot of them to remember...

With this, pending someone submitting a really impressive character sheet, I'm closing recruiting again. John Smith and Jorin Slade will be joining the game as soon as it becomes reasonable to slot them in (which will be when the current section is finished).
When Smith realizes theirs two other mages with J names he's gonna have to come up with a new name to go by, maybe Bob, that's another common name. Also just noticed we have a lot of mages.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #319
Totem

Quote:
After I read this here I thought my entrance was gonna be helping to save the day. Then I read the last sentence of the next quote and went, "Ahhh, guess not."
You're not helping to save the day in this part. But be ready to hit the ground running when the next bit kicks off.

Quote:
When Smith realizes theirs two other mages with J names he's gonna have to come up with a new name to go by, maybe Bob, that's another common name. Also just noticed we have a lot of mages.
It's not just two others with J names, one of them is also called John. I was just going to let it happen and refer to everyone by their surnames to be honest. It would be interesting if nothing else. Feel free to change the name if you want; there must be some other common name that you could pick up.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #320
Poonbahbah

Quote:
You're not helping to save the day in this part. But be ready to hit the ground running when the next bit kicks off.

It's not just two others with J names, one of them is also called John. I was just going to let it happen and refer to everyone by their surnames to be honest. It would be interesting if nothing else. Feel free to change the name if you want; there must be some other common name that you could pick up.
I'll do my best to be ready. If I ain't, I'm a smart guy, I'll figure something out.

Nother thought for a common name, Richard. Short for Rich (Bast)ard, which I'm sure more then a few would of called him.Yeah I like that, also kinda regal sounding to my ears.

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire