Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #191
Ginnungagap

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Okay, so I lowered the TL (and in such an act took a major wealth hit), and added three skills on. However, I still have reservations as to how to interact that with my weapon qualities: The very fine weapons would cost 5 times as much as they before, but my wealth decreased by $10000. For now, I'm keeping the original (TL7+) pricing.
And yes, I know that at this point, it would be easier to add to IQ instead of the skills based on IQ, but that is only slightly better, and I'm not determined to fix it.

Spoiler:  

The Spiral Court:
Spoiler:  

The Tau Glove:
Spoiler:  

And now for Jacobson’s personal file. This concludes the first spoiler as well.
Spoiler:  

Last edited by Ginnungagap; 11-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Ginnungagap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #192
Talosian

Unless you take positive or negative wealth, you start with wealth at the campaign standard TL (which is 8, so $20,000).
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #193
ErhnamDJ

Do I have a TL6 buddy joining me?

Aww, he has Daredevil. I was considering taking Daredevil.

Hmm...
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #194
Ginnungagap

That's a helpful thing to know then. I didn't know that little fact as a positive. I guess that puts me $10,000 back in the green.
Still wondering whether or not to change the price on my weapons, simply because he's a jumper and would have access to TL 7+ markets for such equipment.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #195
Talosian

By raw, you do.

I had to multiply the cost of some of Seann's equipment by 2, 4, 8, etc.

I was pricey O_o
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #196
Ginnungagap

I'm talking about the difference quality of melee weapons that occurs at TL 7. Very Fine melee weapons drop to 1/5 of their previous price, and Fine becomes the base price. I'll have to recalculate then. This will take but a moment.

Calculations seem to be forcing a change my weapon quality, it seems. I can't afford Very Fine equipment at TL 6 prices.

Last edited by Ginnungagap; 11-23-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #197
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Do I have a TL6 buddy joining me?

Aww, he has Daredevil. I was considering taking Daredevil.

Hmm...
I had been wondering whether Douglas actually had that already... And you have got 20 points to play with still I believe.

So, for that matter, does Talosian for upgrading Seann. Once I've got some numbers for those I'll open up the next section.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #198
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
1) If you drop the points in surgery, first-aid, diagnosis, and physiology down to one and add some of those saved points to physician, you can then use the rules for "buying up from default"; surgery, first-aid, diagnosis and physiology all have a physician default which they'll be effectively at. You can end up with all of those skills much higher,
I'm still trying to get my head around this one, and I know that the spreadsheet I use won't handle it, so be cautious about it.

Quote:
2) Drop all IQ skills above 1 cp down a couple of ranks, and add two IQ. You'll be more effective across the board and have more CP.
This will work unless you are aiming for a character who is actually skilled at medicine and so forth rather than being generally intelligent. So far I haven't called on relative skill levels, though it may come up at some point.

Quote:
3) Take levels of the healer talent and drop the skills it helps.
This would be the easiest to arrange and probably the best for a medic as it emphasises the specific skill area rather than generalising.

Overall it depends on whether you're playing a character who is skilled at certain areas or generally amazing but happens to be impressive at medicine. Relative skill levels haven't come up yet, but may do.

Looking good though.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #199
Totem

Quote:
1) If I'm without magic I'm in trouble, but if I mathed right, haste can be maintained at 2 and shield at 1 for free indenfinitly. Which bumps it up to 11, and then retreat should bump it all the way up to 14 (13?), finally, the spell phase should be at 16, and that can block just about anything. But yes, sans magic I'm squishy as hell and with it one shot and I'm down. (As we've already seen.) If I had a few more points I would look into alertness and keen senses as well.
Can you confirm what your revised spell list is? You've mentioned a Shield, which I'm guessing is Missile Shield, but you also mentioned it being cumulative with Retreat which only works against melee attacks. A list just to clarify would be helpful.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #200
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
Can you confirm what your revised spell list is? You've mentioned a Shield, which I'm guessing is Missile Shield, but you also mentioned it being cumulative with Retreat which only works against melee attacks. A list just to clarify would be helpful.
I'll update the whole sheet tonight. And shield and missiles shield are different spells.
Quote:

I'm still trying to get my head around this one, and I know that the spreadsheet I use won't handle it, so be cautious about it.
First-aid, surgery ect. default to physician. (at -5ish) So if you pump a lot into physician all those others get raised too. The reason for the one cp is to actually have the skill instead of just a default. (It matters sometimes...)
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire