Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Kent-

Default Monster Enhancer - used once before discard?

Hello. My apologies are handed to you if this question's already been adressed somewhere. I've at least spent an hour or to trying to find it.

I'm referring to monster enhancer cards such as ancient. The rules say that The monster enhancer applies to an individual monster (mate card exception etc.)

However it did not specifically tell you that the enhancer is to be used once before discarding it. The card itself does not adress this either. The card does not tell you that it is a one shot item.

Question: Is a monster enhancer card to be discarded along with the individual monster(s) it is applied to, or is the card supposed to be handed back to the player that applied the monster enhancer card in question?

Thank you for answering my question.
Kent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
RL

Default Re: Monster Enhancer - used once before discard?

Discarded with the monster.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent- View Post
However it did not specifically tell you that the enhancer is to be used once before discarding it. The card itself does not adress this either. The card does not tell you that it is a one shot item.
That is because it is NOT an item. In Munchkin, Itens are cards that have a gold value (even if that value is "No Value"). Enhancers card are a different type of card, with different effect than itens.

Also, the rules do tell you to discard all enhancers after a combat, on page 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Discard the monster card, including any enhancers and oneshot items played, and draw treasure (see p. 3). But note: someone may play a hostile card on you, or use a special power, just as you think you have won.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

The rules do tell you to discard Monster Enhancers, as bonetm's quote showed, but also, nowhere in the rules is there a statement to the effect that you can return cards to your hand (in fact, just the opposite is expressed on page 1 under Card Management). If you play a card that doesn't have any game rules that allow it to persist (Items, Hirelings, Races and Classes are the prime examples of this), you follow its rules and then you discard it unless the card's rules say otherwise. This goes for any card, not just Monster Enhancers.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Kent-

I am satisfied with the answers. Thank you! I am now confident on what to do about these enhancers.
Kent- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discard, monster enhancer, rules, used once