Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #11
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Sorcery] Which standard magic spells would cost the most CP, ported over to Sorc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I wouldn't implement it as an affliction that affects the entire universe. I'd implement it as Jumper -- you are jumping your immediate area outside of time, and then back in at the point you came from.
Jumper doesn't really cover a lot of the tricks that Time Out lets you do, though, like spending a few minutes shooting arrows outside, and then when the spell ends, having them all come out at once as an arrow storm. Or getting 10 rounds of buffs put up.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #12
Crystalline_Entity

Default Re: [Sorcery] Which standard magic spells would cost the most CP, ported over to Sorc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Jumper doesn't really cover a lot of the tricks that Time Out lets you do, though, like spending a few minutes shooting arrows outside, and then when the spell ends, having them all come out at once as an arrow storm. Or getting 10 rounds of buffs put up.
I suppose you could add Cosmic at the "Godlike Tricks" level (+300%); according to PU4 that covers things like irresistible attack; that would make the Jumper (Time Out) ability [400]. I'm not sure whether this is still too inexpensive though.
Crystalline_Entity is offline   Reply With Quote