Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #111
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat hides a laugh under a bite, barely. "It's like Watari is its own language. You do get used to it after awhile, I promise. Though I have to give Mitchim props--Ryuki still doesn't know he's a Seraph, and he's actively been trying to figure that out. Shen could get him to shut up, but I'll bet Mitch has learned his 'language' by now. And..." Corat smirks directly at Sunae, "it's just as well. You know his heart is taken, right?" This leads him to a long string of thoughts he doesn't deign to share. "We should have seen he was a Creationer. It was on of the theories we had but we didn't take it seriously at the time."
Sunae shrugs

"I never expected anything to come of it. Love is the brightest and strongest of flames. It annoys me that you cannot choose who sets that flame. It is also the greatest gift God gave man. But it's not for everyone. I always knew that he would be nothing more than an object of great beauty and awe, to be admired from afar. But I accepted that, but I did want to at least be his friend. I am saddened, and hurt, that he didn't want my friendship."

Quote:
He nods appraisingly at Kane. "I know L.A. pretty well, and Mitch knows it very well. Ryuki's got a dossier on practically every demon in that town, and what he doesn't have Jasmine will. I'll call him and ask him for it, but Soldier or no he will charge for that. So, what little amusement could we offer Il Divo for a look at his black book?"
"Wait...you might not have to. Now that Ryuki knows about Eli's hand in it all, he's going to want to know as much as he can about Eli and about his Word. A trade then?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #112
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
He nods appraisingly at Kane. "I know L.A. pretty well, and Mitch knows it very well. Ryuki's got a dossier on practically every demon in that town, and what he doesn't have Jasmine will. I'll call him and ask him for it, but Soldier or no he will charge for that. So, what little amusement could we offer Il Divo for a look at his black book?"
"He gives us the list, we shorten it a bit for him." The grin on Kane's face is pure Malakite. "Sound like a workable deal?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #113
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would nod. "I've not met the medium in question. I honestly do not know if they are tied to a demon, a deluded person that just thinks they are seeing signs when really all they are seeing is chance, a con artist, or something else. I just wanted to be aware of the possibilities of what she could be talking about; to know if something could be making ghosts extra restless- such as Saminga pressing many of them into service against their will, or if it was possible that she was aware of the movements of demons with out knowing that's what she was aware of."
Jones shrugs. "Well, to find out you'd need someone you're sure can talk to ghosts. Usually that means the loa Baron Samedi, but I remember you telling me he's hard to trust lately. Beyond that, find out where there's a ghost and persuade him or her to talk to you, and hope he or she knows something. If someone is a ghost, though, they're usually going to want to talk about how they died. Be merciful--I know, that's how you are--but don't indulge to the point where you lose your connection before you get what you came for."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida picks up the phone and smiles, "A book fair sounds interesting, I think I'll take you up on that one."

(sorry for delayed response, distracted lately)
"Excellent," Ryuki replies. It starts at five but I probably won't get there until quarter 'til six. Meet me out in front? Have you ever been to one of these before?"

Before Ida can answer, there's a faint beep on the phone. "Nuts. Hold on a minute, there's another call." He switches the phone over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae shrugs

"I never expected anything to come of it. Love is the brightest and strongest of flames. It annoys me that you cannot choose who sets that flame. It is also the greatest gift God gave man. But it's not for everyone. I always knew that he would be nothing more than an object of great beauty and awe, to be admired from afar. But I accepted that, but I did want to at least be his friend. I am saddened, and hurt, that he didn't want my friendship."
"I think I've said it before. He misunderstands you. Wanted your friendship but got it into his head that it was a bad thing. And once you see him up close, I believe you'll rethink that 'beauty and awe' crap." Corat gives Sunae an affectionate punch on the shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"He gives us the list, we shorten it a bit for him." The grin on Kane's face is pure Malakite. "Sound like a workable deal?"
Corat opens his phone and calls Ryuki.

"Corey?"
"Yeah. We have need of a peek in your little black book. Can we meet somewhere?"
"I'll be at the book show this evening, just before six or so. Meet you there? And how many of you are there?"
"Me, Sunae, and Kane as far as I know."
He apparently doesn't realize he's on speakerphone. "Can you persuade them to do me a favor? A little cred...pretend to be tailing me. I'll 'spot' you and wave you over when we get near the occult section. An entourage in San Francisco would create the wrong kind of gossip."
Old 06-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #114
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I think I've said it before. He misunderstands you. Wanted your friendship but got it into his head that it was a bad thing. And once you see him up close, I believe you'll rethink that 'beauty and awe' crap." Corat gives Sunae an affectionate punch on the shoulder.
"I have been. But no matter how mad I am at him...it only adds to his character. He has a lot of potential, a lot of untapped promise. He just needs to look outward more, but he likes the mirror too much to do that. Oh yeah, about his interest in Zahira...please. He has the subtlety of a water buffalo. Who couldn't see that? I hope it works out for him. I want him to be happy, and I know that ultimately that's what he's working so hard for. Happiness and safety for his daughter. I can't give him one, but maybe I can help him get the other. But don't you dare tell him I said that."

Quote:
He apparently doesn't realize he's on speakerphone. "Can you persuade them to do me a favor? A little cred...pretend to be tailing me. I'll 'spot' you and wave you over when we get near the occult section. An entourage in San Francisco would create the wrong kind of gossip."
She just shakes her head and smiles
Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 AM   #115
tHEhERETIC

5pm Monday. Ryuki gets off work and sees Nicole to her bus before heading back to the homestead. He takes a quick shower before visiting his uncle's shrine. There he lingers longer than his promises should allow, hoping for a sign, but receives none.

A hair after 6pm he walks up the outside of the book fair, looking for Ida. He's smartly dressed, though fixing the details on the BART here leaves his collar upended, something he seems unaware of.

Having met Scott Green at the party, you'll recognize him hanging around a short distance behind Ryuki.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #116
Andygal

Ida shows up just slightly before 6pm, with the laptop, when Ryuki arrives she spots him almost immediately and comes over at a brisk walk. She's dressed in a plain white t-shirt and jeans, both fairly new, and small silver hoop earrings. She will offer her hand for shaking and the laptop-in-case in the other hand and a warm smile when she reaches him.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #117
Rocket Man

Quote:
Vain, Kane thinks to himself, amused. But harmless. And I need to catch up with him anyway, by what the Boss said. He nods agreement to Corat, fingers idly strumming Sunae's zither -- then looks a question at her, to see if she wants to come along.

What is she, anyway? he ponders, still off-balance from her admission about Ryuki. One of Fire's, obviously -- but another Malakite? A mortal? You don't get many that dedicated, but it happens ...

He had been holding off, but now resonates her.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 06-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #118
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida shows up just slightly before 6pm, with the laptop, when Ryuki arrives she spots him almost immediately and comes over at a brisk walk. She's dressed in a plain white t-shirt and jeans, both fairly new, and small silver hoop earrings. She will offer her hand for shaking and the laptop-in-case in the other hand and a warm smile when she reaches him.
He shakes her hand warmly, a gesture he's obviously familiar with. "You see what I mean about imps?" He watches her face to see if she understands he's speaking of literal imps. Comfortable with her reaction, he leads Ida inside to a set of tables set up for people to organize their things. He sets down a briefcase, flicks it open, and hands her an envelope from inside it. "I hope that's the right amount," he says. "I didn't know if you took credit cards, so I didn't chance it." Also inside the briefcase, wrapped in bubblewrap, is what appears to be a very old book.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #119
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Vain, Kane thinks to himself, amused. But harmless. And I need to catch up with him anyway, by what the Boss said. He nods agreement to Corat, fingers idly strumming Sunae's zither -- then looks a question at her, to see if she wants to come along.
Sunae catches the look and shrugs. Her mannerisms make the message very clear.

If you want me to I'll go.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #120
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae catches the look and shrugs. Her mannerisms make the message very clear.

If you want me to I'll go.
Friendly smile, shining eyes. Definitely.

Softly, to Corat. "Well, looks like you got two honorary shadows."

Tags
in nomine