Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #521
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Unless something screams out as dangerous about the labels she will hand him the ones that he's asking for.
Nope, they're common office stickers. Even wizards need to label their stuff sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane watches carefully. I'd kill to have the Seraph back in the room, he thinks. If this is a trick ...
((chug-a chug-a chug-a...excuse the rail this once please))

Kingman pulls himself up the shelf of jars and starts from the top shelf. "This one no, this one...hmmm...yesh, but not hugely so, no, no, no..." he patters on as he recalls which jar holds what. Just a doddering old man...

I get one chance at this, he thinks. I'll be dead within the hour and gone to Hell. But damn me twice if I go without a fight. He palms the nail clippers, extending the metal nail file. When he reaches the right jar he grabs for its sealed mouth rather than its side, the only hint the angels will get, and it too late.

It takes him only a second to scrape a breach into the jar's seal, and a second more to pull it down with his bodyweight. He slams it into the floor with what strength he can muster, failing to shatter the jar but managing to dislodge the cork in it. It emits a foul, rotting odor.

The being makes an unearthly howl heard for blocks by those with the sense, including a couple of neighborhood dogs. It's massive and dressed like a charnel house, sinewy muscles that could rip someone open and dangling muscles not attached to anything useful anymore. It's beardless but has a masculine face, a face that scowls at the sight of the flaming sword, and flees through the wall to get away from it.

Corat's voice tells you he's clearly worried. "Sound off! Wyatt here!"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-10-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: kimchi!
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #522
ladyarcana55

Sunae could hear the noise through the phone

"John! What's going on? What was that?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #523
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae could hear the noise through the phone

"John! What's going on? What was that?"
"Something big and ugly just came through. I'm trying to see if it's hurt anybody. DeShawn and I are okay, Mitch looks okay, but I haven't heard from Zahirah and Kane yet and I don't know where Ida is."

((I hope that's not too meta for you.))
Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #524
alexondria

Zahirah would call out, "I'm here and ok for now"
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #525
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Something big and ugly just came through. I'm trying to see if it's hurt anybody. DeShawn and I are okay, Mitch looks okay, but I haven't heard from Zahirah and Kane yet and I don't know where Ida is."
"You let Kingman release a demon? Why did you guys let him live long enough to do that?"
Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #526
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

A Malakite keeps his given word. The sword lunges, once, through Kingman's heart (or whatever vital organ he can reach). Then, he comes back to alert, looking to see where big an' ugly has gone.

"I'm standin'," Kane calls out. "Which is more than I can say for traitor-boy."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #527
Andygal

(really really sorry, distracted with vacation stuff!)

Ida drops into vessel then darts into the room with Corat and DeShawn, "Fine, but we should get out of here".
Old 10-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #528
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
A Malakite keeps his given word. The sword lunges, once, through Kingman's heart (or whatever vital organ he can reach). Then, he comes back to alert, looking to see where big an' ugly has gone.

"I'm standin'," Kane calls out. "Which is more than I can say for traitor-boy."
Kingman's passing makes a noise across the Symphony, the Disturbance of a soul protesting his unnatural death at the hands of a celestial being. Blood pools around his body, removing any doubt.

Big and Ugly may not be visible, but the neighborhood dogs still bark in fear. It's reasonably close, within a block. Trouble is the wards only extend to the property limits. Are there demons still out there looking for an easy angel kill?

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-11-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: watching a magic show
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #529
ladyarcana55

"Ryuki, we have a serious problem. Kingman died, but not before letting something big and bad out. How do we help get them out of there before every creepy crawly around comes a'callin?"
Old 10-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #530
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat gets an idea. "I know, I'll call an ambulance." He dials Ash, knowing that if he doesn't have an ambulance he's likely to know a soldier or two locally who can get one. It worked with Pepito.

"Hey Ash. We're in west L.A. and we need a ride out, corporeally. Can you help?"
Coinciding with roll call, an ambulance skids to a stop outside the building, it's lights and sirens blaring. Ash, with all his paramedic gear on, hurries in.

"Came as fast as I could, what's up?"

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine