Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Varyon

Default Re: Costs thresh

It occurs to me that, in a campaign where the GM has adjusted the recovery of threshold, you could apply much the same modification. That is, double recovery rate means half cost on the Limitation, while half recovery rate would be double cost. I don't know what the default recovery rate is, but the old article where it was introduced had it at 8, so I'll go with that. So, Thresh 50 with RR 4 would see Costs Tally as being worth -6%, while something like Thresh 10 and RR 16 (that might be interesting...) would have it at 7.5%.

As a side note, Costs Tally/Thresh is kind of boring. How about calling it "Reality Warping" or something similar? I mean, seriously, you're disrupting the fabric of reality, that needs a nifty name.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
PK

Default Re: Costs thresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
It occurs to me that, in a campaign where the GM has adjusted the recovery of threshold, you could apply much the same modification. That is, double recovery rate means half cost on the Limitation, while half recovery rate would be double cost.
True. So the fairest value might be -[1,200/(threshold * recovery)]% per level. I'd probably cap it at -20% per level, even in an incredibly low-magic game, to avoid abuse. In a crazy magic game where everyone gets Thresh 50 and Recovery 20, each tally lost is only a -1200/(50*20)% = -1200/1000% ~= -1% limitation. But in an underpowered game with Thresh 20 and Recovery 2, giving -1200/(20*2)% = -1200/40% = -30% per level is probably a bit too generous so I'd cap it at -20%.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic, powers, thaumatology