Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #521
David Johnston2

Default Re: The World of Dreams

A supermarket. A woman shopping there is being filmed for a reality television show. Among the ordinary produce are suns the size of melons. Toss them up in the air and they'll float there producing large amounts of light and heat. A man occupies a stand where he hands out grocery bags with his face on them as part of his campaign for the elected position of school principal. Once again it's at the top of a tall hill because apparently my version of the falling dream is careening down a hill with no brakes.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #522
johndallman
Night Watchman

An Amazon product page for a new Iain Banks novel, completed by Ken MacLeod. Sufficiently realistic that I checked it wasn't true.

Last edited by johndallman; 12-29-2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #523
gibberingmouther

Hell is people murdering each other all the time. i'm fighting some people in a house and i use the mirror to summon my friend from Hell. since he's spent time in Hell he's a great fighter and he has manic energy to boot.
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 AM   #524
johndallman
Night Watchman

A complicated dream about setting up digital signatures for a PDF newsletter to be circulated during an SF convention held in some kind of liquid petroleum gas fire-fighting training facility. I'm pretty sure the advice I received about LPG fire safety was bogus, and don't know why there was a Harrier crash involved.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:31 AM   #525
RogerBW

A post-modern RPG called Barbarian, in which every word on the character sheet is "Rar". (Carefully arranged in columns of stats as "Rar: Rar", a series of tick-boxes along the bottom each labelled "Rar" in a diminishing type size, etc.)
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #526
David Johnston2

A city whose streets are cobblestone, except where they are paved with metal sheeting. It is under some kind of oppressive regime which rigorously enforces a curfew with military patrols.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #527
David Johnston2

Houses with retractable protective domes. When one gets jammed and a person climbs up on a huge stepladder to try to unjam it, emergency services has a heck of time getting in to help them after they fall off.

A house you can walk into accidentally and when you do your shoes and socks disappear.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #528
David Johnston2

The wild west. A contemptuous Slavic lady bounty hunter who uses witchcraft to subdue her captives.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #529
David Johnston2

A town that is mostly cemetery.

A culture where people who have had too much genetic engineering are called "bioroids" and are not considered to be citizens. A wealthy young woman is poisoned and recovers a bit too well so she's being investigated to determine whether she's over the line.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #530
gibberingmouther

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
A town that is mostly cemetery.

A culture where people who have had too much genetic engineering are called "bioroids" and are not considered to be citizens. A wealthy young woman is poisoned and recovers a bit too well so she's being investigated to determine whether she's over the line.
the "bioroids" idea is good i think
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream