Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #16
DreadPirateLynx

Default Re: [Magic] Casting trought item with powerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosignol View Post
This is distinct from spells cast by items that have been enchanted... and why specify both 'by' and 'through' unless there's a significant distinction that needs to be made?
I can think of only one other reason the distinction would be necessary assuming that we are both wrong:

"By" is defined as a sentient magic item casts a spell enchanted on it of it's own accord. "Through" is defined as a mage casts a spell enchanted on the item.

For some reason I really don't think that was the intention of the distinction, as it's a bit of a stretch without being expressly stated as such, and I'm not even 100% certain that the distinction would be necessary even in this case.

EDIT: Honestly, if the intention was that a Dedicated Powerstone could only be used to fuel spells enchanted on the item, why not instead simply say: "The item’s user may tap its energy – but only to power the spells enchanted on that item."

Last edited by DreadPirateLynx; 10-30-2010 at 06:13 AM.
DreadPirateLynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic, rules interpretation