Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-15-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
larsdangly

Default Decks of Destiny, anyone?

I have seen some rumblings that there are actually people out there who have received Decks of Destiny. Anyone here who has gotten it an would like to share some impressions, photos, etc.?
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
FireHorse

Default Re: Decks of Destiny, anyone?

FedEx says that mine will arrive tomorrow. I shall post some photos when it does.
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
guymc

I am most anxious to see what y’all think of this one. I’m biased, but I think it is going to be amazing!
Old 01-16-2020, 08:34 AM   #4
larsdangly

I'm super looking forward to it! I can't imagine that I won't be stoked - it is filled with tons of stuff that you will use actively at the table, which is the only sort of rpg product I like. It's crazy how much the hobby has become about 200 page books that you can't possibly use during play! Give me goofy maps and decks of cards every time.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
madhopper50

The metal dice are fantastic! Just can't see using them in game play.
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
hcobb

Who shall be the first to upload a video playthrough?

Nudge me about it and I'll add it to the playlist.

Last edited by hcobb; 01-16-2020 at 01:37 PM.
hcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #7
Terquem

Got mine yesterday. Opened it this morning and shared a photo on twitter. It is a lot of stuff - a lot - makes me a little sad that I am not fifteen and it is not 1978.

That young me would have been putting every single bit of that box to use, right now!

56 year old me is still trying to come up with the courage to go to the FLGS to try and meet new people to play with - otherwise this big box will end up in the basement right beside the "I want it all" box I have still not put into use.
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #8
larsdangly

Get yourself out there, dude! I'm playing pretty regularly using my Legacy Edition boxed (plus the bits and bobs that came out more recently), using Skype to connect to members of my old childhood gaming group. We'll jump on for an hour or two most weekends. It isn't the same thing as the 10 hour marathon sessions from when we were all kids, but it is a billion % better than nothing. And very easy.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #9
Frost Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
Got mine yesterday. Opened it this morning and shared a photo on twitter. It is a lot of stuff - a lot - makes me a little sad that I am not fifteen and it is not 1978.

That young me would have been putting every single bit of that box to use, right now!

56 year old me is still trying to come up with the courage to go to the FLGS to try and meet new people to play with - otherwise this big box will end up in the basement right beside the "I want it all" box I have still not put into use.
I know what you mean! 70 year old me is in much the same dilemma. I have some people, (all younger than me) who would like to play so it's just a matter of getting together what we want to do and them getting the people together. I've played around with The Legacy Box stuff and will probably just start out with some gladiator type stuff and then, hopefully, move on to Death Test. I also have five games I got for Christmas that haven't hit the table yet. Good luck!
Frost Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #10
farqs

The metal dice in the "all the newness" are heavy...like 1d6-2 when thrown by a halfling heavy! Awesome.
farqs is offline   Reply With Quote