Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
jraggio

Default Hoard Question

This is the last one for today, I swear. Thanks in advance for everyone's help answering or confirming our assumptions.

Hoard reads, "Draw 3 more treasure cards immediately. They are face down if you drew this card face down, otherwise they are face up."

Is this kind of like a positive curse in that if you draw it when getting treasure you have to play right away? That's how I understand it.

What happens if I get this during the opening deal or after I die? Do I have to flip it over right then and draw the extra treasure, or can it be saved for later?

I guess the rules for bribes would not be affected, though "first and last" may make that "last" treasure really wimpy ;-)

Thanks,
John
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Bampop

Default Re: Hoard Question

Yes, it's three additional treasures immediately. No matter when you draw it. As soon as you see it, play it.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Clipper

And in that regard, it is different to a Curse. Hoard! and Divine Intervention are cards that must be played as soon as you get them, however you get them. Curses only activate immediately if you draw them while Kicking Open the Door.

And seeing as you mentioned the Treasure draws, you draw those Treasures for Hoard! before doing any of the Treasure distribution (so there will be two more Treasure cards than you originally thought).
Old 08-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
bonetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
Yes, it's three additional treasures immediately. No matter when you draw it. As soon as you see it, play it.
There is an exception to this, listed in the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin FAQ
Q. What if I have to choose between cards and one of those is Hoard?
A. If a card makes you draw and choose between cards, and Hoard is one of those you have to choose between, you do not play Hoard until you choose it as the card to keep. Then it is played immediately.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
thedag

so if you get it at the beginning of the game dealt to you then you draw three face down treasure cards.
If after combat it depends on if you had a helper. If no helper then face down (unless the monster says otherwise) if you have a helper then they will be face up before distribution according to agreements.