Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 09-29-2018, 07:29 AM   #211
Warphead's Battlewaggon

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

It is now impossible to register a new account. Will the site ever be updated again?
Warphead's Battlewaggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #212
dannybhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warphead's Battlewaggon View Post
It is now impossible to register a new account. Will the site ever be updated again?
Strange. I registered not even two weeks ago.

My problem is that I can't delete designs. I started off with some rough designs that I now want to delete as they are now a mess of clutter.
dannybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #213
TheChin!

Is it just me doing something wrong or does the Combat Garage not give the option for rear-mounted sponson turrets?
TheChin! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #214
Racer

No it's a bug that never got corrected . Side Sponsons are fine though .

I can't log in via my phone anymore - just have to go & use library's terminals instead , which is a pain . Also editing your vehicles even then is a nightmare at times & stats DO NOT APPEAR on Vehicle's screen page & ONLY if you edit them ! Newer/younger players not used to the quirks , get lost & give up - which is way I resurrected the Vehicle Guide Thread.

Other puzzles : wrong HC for some OR Vehicles , wrong weigh for some weapon magazines , retractable wheelguards only available if you edit the 'Hideaway' Van entry etc .
Old 04-04-2019, 02:52 AM   #215
helbent4

Hello,

I've been having on/off issues with logging in. I made a new account and most of the time that's fine. But some times I get the "register new account due to move of our back end" popup box but when I try to register it says "no object found".

Regardless, I think there is an error with the LD radio. It gets flagged as "illegal" under the Classic rules, but I don't think it should be as this goes all the way to Truck Stop.

Further to my earlier suggestion to put in tracks for Speed and HC I find it's helpful to note the starting HC for the combat (as this is how high the HC can recover to) and also note the HC Recovery (HC plus Driver skill). Having these noted saves time and effort in a game.

Thanks,

Tony
helbent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #216
Racer

Combat Garage creator has had major issues since he changed service provider(s) . He's not posted since October & not been active on here since January ... you'll probably have to wait an awfully long time for any feedback ...

Build what you can & just mention to others you share with in a quick note : "Oh and it has an LD Radio too . Mark it down & just add +$600 to the price ."
Bit of lateral think works wonders ;-)

Can't put any StealthKote™ on any of my Stealth/Recon designs , but it takes just two minutes to work out the cost (not forgetting an additional +50% cost & weight on Aircraft) & noting it on the designer notes or saved screenshots of the stats . Now have 160+ Vehicle descriptions saved to my SD Card for instant access . Can no longer log on & save designs via my phone ...

Last edited by Racer; 04-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #217
juris

It's still an awesome FREE website. I think the problem was when it moved to a new server all the 'old' designs got hard-wired - can't change them or modify them.
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:11 PM   #218
Racer

Browse name , click on the vehicle you want , when it comes up click on it's name . You can now modify it again - with a little difficulty of not being able to click on something to change it . You have to click on boxes on bottom to change stuff instead . As I can no longer log in & save stuff , I'm not sure others can save stuff either ? I do a screen shot & save it to my phone's Gallery on my SD card instead .
As stated lateral thinking & a bit of imagination overcome these shortcomings .
We've come a long way from making notes in spare school exercise books (jotters) in the early 1980's .
Old 04-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #219
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
We've come a long way from making notes in spare school exercise books (jotters) in the early 1980's .
I *prefer* pencil-and-paper -- I've never had a physical folder fail to open.... ;)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #220
adm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
I *prefer* pencil-and-paper -- I've never had a physical folder fail to open.... ;)
I did once, in high school some smart aleck glued all the pages of my note book together.