Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
coronatiger

Default Ideas for Adventuring Party Name

I've been thinking about a name for our adventuring party for a while now. My character would very much like a name for the group, as she is a little* obsessed with fame. I have jotted down a few ideas, but none of them feel like "the right one":
* VERY
  • The Velvet Touch
  • The Open Fist
  • Fists and Claws
  • The Sisters of Silence
  • The Dilettantes
  • The Dabbling Dames
  • Discretion
  • Magnar's Memory
  • Clueless
  • No Man's Land
  • Mixed Morality
  • The Virtuous Venture
  • Whispers of Woe
  • Foxy Four
I'm logging the campaign in question here, with my character's thoughts on everything and everybody, but for those who don't want to take the time to read the whole thing, these are the characters involved:
  • Mattea Vishi (my character) - Female human acrobat; goes adventuring to practice the skills needed to become the world's greatest acrobat (and acquiring fame doesn't hurt either)
  • Olivia Wikt (Mattea's Ally and girlfriend) - Female human (former) maid; follows wherever Mattea goes, except into combat and other people's beds (and she's not too keen on Mattea going there, either)
  • Lady Karita Vindelheim - Female high human noble; regards adventuring as a natural extension of "seeing the world", views herself as the leader of the party (which Mattea doesn't mind)
  • Kine - Female cat-person peddler; I'm not quite sure why she goes adventuring with us, I suspect she's in it for the skills she needs to stand up to various belligerents in her life
  • Va'lyndra - Female elf fighter/mage; we just met her, she said she wanted to become an adventurer and we agreed to let her join our party
  • Magnar - Male dwarf fighter (deceased); was an experienced adventurer, unlike the rest of us, who've just been doing it for a couple of months
The name needs to be something a superior, entitled, prudish* noblewoman can agree to. I suspect Kine and Va'lyndra will be fine with any name that Lady Karita deems appropriate.
* In Mattea's eyes, at least

Does anyone have any good ideas for a party name? Or for how I can go about creating one (in or out of character)?

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote