Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Binding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I have never used Binding.
That doesn't seem unlikely, like Affliction and Innate Attack, (and a whole host of other very "external" supernatural and exotic abilities) it isn't going to useful in games that lack overt superpowers or weird aliens or whatever.
Quote:
Is it the forum's opinion that I am missing out?
Probably not, unless you just have never considered running a game based on superhero comics or whatever.

I used Binding for a very memorable encounter in DF. It was a monster that could drag its prey into the Astral Plane.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
Not

Sort of a new take on the trap-door spider.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
Otaku

So one of the questions I had about Binding that I'd love an answer for is... what kind of damage can affect a Binding?

Based on the Only Damaged By X Enhancement... I wasn't sure. It only lists four options and I couldn't tell if that was because of space concerns or because my idea of a magic, water filled bubble that immobilizes, engulfs and suffocates but has to be destroyed via Cutting or Impaling damage is outside the scope of RAW. >.>
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #14
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
So one of the questions I had about Binding that I'd love an answer for is... what kind of damage can affect a Binding?

Based on the Only Damaged By X Enhancement... I wasn't sure. It only lists four options and I couldn't tell if that was because of space concerns or because my idea of a magic, water filled bubble that immobilizes, engulfs and suffocates but has to be destroyed via Cutting or Impaling damage is outside the scope of RAW. >.>
I believe (although I am not certain) that the assumption is that those types of damage are the only ones that affect "normal" Binding. If that's the case, swapping one damage type for another of similar value should be OK. Check with the higher-ups to be sure.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, advantage of the week, binding, week, [basic]