Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-17-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
MatteoToso14

Default Multiple doubts

Hello everybody, just signed up and creating my first thread...I've already read all the guides for posting and I hope to do everything fine.
Yesterday with my friends we had a little troubles with some cards of the first three sets of Munchkin games, hope you can help us solving our doubts:

1) If a Bard is at level 9, can he use his power and roll the dice to force someone to help him in the fight?

2) Can I use the wishing ring to cancel cards such as "Annihilation", which are not explicitly defined as traps or curses?

3) We had some confusione with the "Trojan Horse" card: if a level 9 player is facing a monster that he's able to defeat (and by that winning the match), can i play the Trojan Horse between the "Get the trophies" phase and the "Get the level" phase (if they are separated)? Or since it's the last level and there's non need of gaining trophies, the Trojan Horse can't be played?

4) Lastly, can the Wishing Ring be cursed? And can i use the ring just exactly after they declared the will of cursing it, to avoid the curse?

I apologise for my bad English and also if some cards' names are mispelled or wrong...I'm playing the italian version so i'm just assuming their names by translating it to english.

Thanks to everybody who will help!!
MatteoToso14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Multiple doubts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoToso14 View Post
If a Bard is at level 9, can he use his power and roll the dice to force someone to help him in the fight?
As off a rule change several years ago, you cannot force another player to help you win the game, and if you force someone to help and then the fight turns into one for the victory, the other player gets booted out of the fight and you're on your own.

Quote:
Can I use the wishing ring to cancel cards such as "Annihilation", which are not explicitly defined as traps or curses?
No.

Quote:
We had some confusione with the "Trojan Horse" card: if a level 9 player is facing a monster that he's able to defeat (and by that winning the match), can i play the Trojan Horse between the "Get the trophies" phase and the "Get the level" phase (if they are separated)? Or since it's the last level and there's non need of gaining trophies, the Trojan Horse can't be played?
This is covered in the Munchkin FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munchkin FAQ
Q. I just killed a monster to reach Level 10. My opponent played Trojan Horse and the Plutonium Dragon and said I couldn't level up (and therefore win the game) until I killed the Dragon. I say that I killed my monster, and even if I didn't get the Treasure, I win because I reached Level 10. Who's right?
A. Congratulations on your victory! Trojan Horse cancels the Treasure but not the levels from one combat and immediately starts a new one. If the result of the first combat brought you to Level 10, the game is over and Trojan Horse can't be played.
Quote:
Lastly, can the Wishing Ring be cursed? And can i use the ring just exactly after they declared the will of cursing it, to avoid the curse?
Theoretically, a Wishing Ring could be the target of a Curse (particularly early in the game when people have fewer cards in play), but since you can use the Wishing Ring to cancel the Curse, that's a pretty ineffective use of a Curse card.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote