Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2018, 01:56 AM   #26
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: Hold Fire in Ogre/GEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
That might be an interesting rule, but it doesn’t really address the issues that I raised at the beginning of the thread. I also don’t see it as being any less intrusive than the standard Hold Fire rule. But, if it’s fun and you like it, I’d say go with it.
I see your point, however. on my side, I will try to playtest a very simple rule. A unit may enter into HF status provided it did not move and fire (Unit must sacrifices movement). The unit in HF may fire once during enemy movement phase with immediate effect at an enemy unit entering or moving within attack range (if a unit exits the attack range if a HF unit, it can’t be fired upon...missed opportunity). HF attacj cannot be combined with other attacks from other HF units. If a unit in HF status is fired upon, it looses automatically such status even with a miss. This may happen if the attacking unit fis firing fron a greater range.
If a unit in HF is attacked in melee, it loses the HF status and overrun attack follows as normal.

Exception: Gev may move and anter in HF status, but must sacrifice the second movement phase. Given they low attack strenght and the fact that HF cannot be combined, it has impact only in great gev numbers.

Ogres may enter into HF status, but they must sacrifice all movement.

It is a sort if overwatch rule. It may help to defend vital objectives without leading to superturtling.

I am not sure how this will alter a game that I find perfect as it is, but my version makes perfect sense to me (quite clearly).
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote